Bad
Good

Bigfork Elementary School 1

Posted March 23, 2015
The teachers at Bigfork Elementary are great but the administration has got it all wrong. They are doing a huge disservice to the children and it's no wonder parents take their children to other schools at any cost.

Posted September 19, 2014
I have been very disappointed in Bigfork Elementary and Middle school. What used to be a really great school now resembles Montana's version of an inner-city school. Most of the really great teachers have left and been replaced by young, inexperienced teachers. I know one parent who has a special-needs child who attends Bigfork Elementary because they have a GREAT special-needs program but the other sibling who is of normal intelligence is home-schooled. That pretty much sums up their curriculum (Common Core all the way!). The bullying is a huge problem which gets a lot of "lip-service" from the administration, their grading policy is a joke, and my kids have gone from being enthusiastic learners to hating school. I've already moved them to another smaller, near-by school and we're all much happier!

Posted November 19, 2013
I have found that many parents of children in this school are looking for other options. A much smaller nearby school fills up with out of district children because of issues with both the Bigfork Elementary School staff and the students. Having had a few children in this school over the past 20 years, my opinion is that there just doesn't seem to be a lot of care or concern for the students.

Bigfork Elementary School 5

Posted September 15, 2013
I have 3 children who attend Bigfork Elementary. Amazing teachers and staff! I find myself visiting the school often with having young children. If it's taking a forgotten backpack or helping in a classroom I have always been greeted with a smile by staff and teachers. I find them to be very personable and approachable. I find it to be a very friendly safe school for my children. I feel they offer a excellent education and extra-curricular activities of all ages. All three of my children have been very successful in their relationships with friends and teachers. The teachers have been always very attentive to my children's needs. I can tell they really know them very well just by having conversations with them. This is very important to me because they do spend more day hours with them than I do. To add to my thoughts I just asked my oldest what he/she thought was their favorite thing about Bigfork Elementary and the respond was: Great friends, teachers and a really cool principal. Thank you Bigfork Elementary!

Posted June 16, 2012
Poor leadership in the school at least some teachers are putting their personal political beliefs into their curriculum. The gifted program was cut while they spent tons of money on new Apple computers. I do not recommend this school.

Bigfork Elementary School 5

Posted March 22, 2011
I have two children who have both attended Bigfork Schools since kindergarten. I feel the small community has offered them a fabulous education, and know that both kids are known by name by the majority of the staff of both the elementary, middle and high school. My daughter is a senior and graduating this year, and has been accepted to a top private school with an excellent scholarship, and my son is a sophomore. The schools offer both excellent educational opportunities, as well as numerous extra-curricular activities. My children have both participated in soccer and basketball, and very much enjoyed doing so. The school is also a leader in offering online educational programs that greatly broaden the course offerings for such a small school district.

Bigfork Elementary School 4

Posted September 16, 2009
Having had 4 children graduate from Bigfork HS, we appreciated the fact they were personally known by the teachers and staff.

Bigfork Elementary School
600 Commerce St, Bigfork, MT  59911
Last modified Bigfork Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.