Billings, MT

Highland School 2

Posted July 02, 2015
I am a parent of a student at highland and have been very disappointed by my child's overall experience. There are some excellent teachers and some truly poor ones - it is very much hit or miss. Many parents that I have spoken with agree that the primary issue is a lack of leadership from the top of the school's administration. Prior to my child's attendance at highland I received much positive feedback from previous parents concerning the quality of education at highland and it is disheartening to see such a dramatic decline that prevents the students and some exceptional teachers from reaching their potential. Another common thread of criticism shared in discussions with other parents is the prevalence of bullying behavior at the school that the administration seems to turn a blind eye to, despite the best efforts of parents to intervene. Hopefully this situation will be rectified some time in the very near future as while it is certainly not unique to highland, this particular school seems particularly inattentive to this issue.

Teacher effectiveness: Somewhat effective

Posted July 02, 2015
From my experience there are some excellent teachers at Highland, and some very poor ones - it is very much hit or miss. I had heard good things about this school from others who had children attending Highland in the past or who had attended Highland themselves, but share the opinion with many other parents that the quality of this school has slipped dramatically primarily due to a lack of leadership from the top of the school's administration. It's disappointing as Highland did have a very good reputation and there are teachers that are very dedicated and skilled; I feel bad for both the teachers and the students that they are not able to reach their full potential.

Highland School 5

Posted April 26, 2011
I have one son that has attended Highland for the past 5 years and has loved every moment of it. I now have an upcoming kindergarten age son. I look forward to continuing our education at Highland. The teachers are caring, compassionate and concerned. They attempt to help the student achieve academically and emotionally as needed. We have a family oriented atmosphere and encourage parent involvement. The principal always attends the PTSA meetings and efficiently ensures the safety and well being of all who attend Highland!

Highland School 5

Posted July 21, 2010
We lucked out in moving into the Highland Elementary neighborood. It is an economically diverse school with very little social pressure. Our experience is with 1st and 2nd grade. The teachers have exceeded our expectations in every way.

Posted September 17, 2009
My daughter attends this school and has learned so much from the wonderful teachers.

729 Parkhill, Billings, MT  59102
Last modified Highland School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Highland School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top