No rating

Grace Montessori Academy

Private | PK-6 | 130 students

Christian Foundation & Low Teacher/Student ratio

Living in Billings

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $173,400. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $760.

Posted July 14, 2014

Love the Montessori philosophy, however, I was very disappointed with our experience at this school. I'm quite sure it was teacher specific as the principal was very pleasant to work with.

Posted April 24, 2014

GMA is a cut above the rest. My son has learned so many valuable lessons in such a short time. I love knowing he is starting out with such a great foundation for a lifetime of learning. Thanks to the entire staff and other parents for your support.

Posted April 7, 2014

Grace has been amazing for our daughter. She is entering kindergarten next year and will fee already reading. The choices that she is allowed to make with the guidance towards challenging herself has continued her to push herself and excel even further. I highly recommend gma to anyone and everyone.

Posted April 7, 2014

This school is amazing! The nurturing environment and teachers helps my children flourish. This is an excellent school with an excellent philosophy. I would recommend Grace Montessori Academy to friends and family. My kids love it!

Posted November 21, 2013

LOVE LOVE LOVE what my kids are coming home with daily & LOVE the great communication with the teachers. My children are 9,8,4 & 3 and I feel strongly that they are getting a much better education than when I tried to homeschool them last year whilst running my businesses. I feel like this school couldn't be better & I love the Montessori philosophy too!

Posted October 6, 2013

Both my kids attended Grace Montessori for pre-K and Kindergarten. I love the opportunities to be involved as a parent. Parents are encouraged to observe and help in the classroom which I didn't find at the other Montessori in town. Teachers truly care about their role and are caring to the kids. The only thing that I've been frustrated with is the teacher turnover rate which I know is difficult to control. That's the only reason I give a 4-star review instead of a 5.

Posted October 4, 2013

As a first-time mom of a preschooler, I did a massive amount of homework prior to enrolling my son. When I chose Grace as our school, I suspected it was a good decision. Since then, I have been absolutely blown away by how incredible our experience has been. From summer camps to "composer of the month," I have been tremendously impressed. And on a daily basis my son is excited to go to school and learn--what more could a parent ask for? The communication is fantastic, teachers are grade-A+ and the head of school takes time for each parent's questions and concerns. I am thrilled and highly recommend Grace Montessori Academy.

Posted October 4, 2013

5 years ago a school in Billings Montana Grace Montessori Academy. My only son 3 1/2 at the time was ready for preschool we had not 100% accomplished no accidents 99.9 but not 100% we were enrolled in a different school at the time. I had called to ask that school what would happen if the child DID have an accident? Their answer was NO accidents child must be 100% poddie trained! we never attended that Montessori. Grace Montessori called back Her response , "Their children they probably will and we will graciously help that child as to not embarrass him or her to take care of the problem." add to that an EXCELLENT staff and teachers, Children who are advanced in areas of Math, science, Language, and did I add they pray! for the sick, the homeless, family members of other children, they sing grace before a meal, and are taught peace keepers to calmly solve disagreements between each other. It is a small school branching out that can use all the help they can get. Most of the financial comes from parents. Please consider our little school where LOVE of children and education meet and grow! Thank you for your consideration many Blessings

Posted October 4, 2013

Our grandchildren attend Grace Montessori Academy and seem to flourish there. When asked "how was school today", they always reply with great enthusiasm..."It was good!". We really feel good about them being there and having the individual hands on approach to learning at their own pace. We feel that there students are not being held back if some in the class may not have progressed as quickly as others.

Posted October 3, 2013

Wonderful learning environment where the students are put first. Grace has the most wonderful leadership, teachers and parents. I highly recommend Grace Montessori Academy.

Posted October 1, 2013

We moved to Billings, MT from Rochester, NY this past July. While we were looking at different preschools in the area, Grace Montessori stood out in every way. They had the best student to teacher ratio, the best materials in the classroom and educational philosophy (combining both Christian values with Montessori). My son had a difficult time adjusting to preschool but the teachers were so patient, loving and kind with him. My husband and I are very happy with Grace Montessori. We would wholeheartedly recommend Grace Montessori to anyone looking for quality education for their child.

Posted October 1, 2013

We love the school and the sense of community! We would recommend this school to everyone!

Posted September 30, 2013

This school is a blessing to our community. I am so glad my child can be in a school with a christian foundation. I really love the hands on approach and the ability for my child to work at her pace. It is wonderful that the student/teacher ratio is so low. (1/10 in Preschool/Kindergarten. 1/12 in elementary.). The classroom environment is very peaceful which I believe helps my child have a wonderful learning experience. I would highly recommend Grace Montessori Academy to any parent.

Posted September 30, 2013

The staff is amazing at GMA. They encourage growth in all of their students, and truly lead in a caring way. Watching the growth in my child has been amazing.

Posted September 30, 2013

I am a parent of a child who attends Grace Montessori Academy and I am thrilled that my child goes to this school. It is a loving, Christian environment filled with hands-on, age appropriate materials. My child loves his school and his fellow classmates. His learning environment is safe and clean. He comes home happy everyday. He likes his teachers and always comes home with new information and better manners than his father and I have taught to him. We like the Montessori program, which allows students to learn and explore new skills and lessons on their own. Teachers are there to support and guide students in the process of everyday learning. I give this school and big thumbs up and five stars!

Posted September 27, 2013

Our daughters are thriving in Grace Montessori's nurturing and engaging environment. They are excited about challenging themselves, and the best part is the Montessori program sets them up for success! I love that the kids are empowered to make choices, be independent thinkers and responsible members of the classroom. Parent involvement is encouraged and there is a real sense of community. The student:teacher ratios are ideal.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 0% 1%

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Art teacher(s)
Music teacher(s)
Teacher aid/assistant teacher
Foreign languages spoken by school staff None
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by a school official.

Special education / special needs

School start time
  • 8:30 am
School end time
  • 3:00 pm
Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • Before school: starts at 7:30 a.m.
  • After school: ends at 4:00 p.m.
  • Mary Beth Gregory
Best ways for parents to contact the school
  • Phone
Age at which early childhood or Pre-K program begins
  • 3 years old
  • Coed
Boarding options
  • Day school
Is there an application process?
Affiliation
Fax number
  • (406) 655-2161

Instructional and/or curriculum models used

• Montessori
  • Multi-aged
Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious
Bi-lingual or language immersion programs offered

Level of special education programming offered

Staff resources available to students
  • Art teacher(s)
  • Music teacher(s)
  • Teacher aid/assistant teacher
Foreign languages spoken by staff
Extra learning resources offered

• Theory
Performing arts
Media arts

Student clubs

Clubs (distinct from courses)

School culture

Dress Code
  • Uniforms
Bullying policy
  • This school has a bullying and/or cyber bullying policy in place.
  • Chaperone school trips
  • Monitor the playground
  • Volunteer in the classroom
  • Volunteer time after school

This school accepts applications on a

rolling basis

Apply now

What are your chances?

9 out of 10students were accepted for the 2013-2014 school year.

Students accepted for the 2013-2014 school year