1-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Posted March 10, 2016
Petra Academy is the foundation on which I have built what I am today. I learned respect, self-control, obedience, and honesty at this school. The English curriculum at Petra is, in one word, meticulous. I learned things here that other schools did not cover until much later, if not at all. Unfortunately, the mathematics courses are average at best. Overall, Petra Academy is an excellent Christian school, especially for Bozeman, MT. The academic and moral rigor builds character and structure in each Petra student.

Posted August 27, 2015
Petra Academy holds all learners to a high standard of academic growth by sincere curricular goals, outstanding teachers, effective programs, a warm and engaging school community, and most of all a shared humilty in Christ. Classical Christian education is discipline without pressure. If you are willing to grow with your child in good character, the good grades will follow. Our Petra student LOVES learning at this school and refuses to miss school for any reason ("I can't take days off to go to Seattle with you, mom, because I'll miss too much at school"). That really impressed me that school is so challenging and engaging. The instructors really know how to teach amazing subjects such as Latin, music (violin), math, science, art, sports, and rhetoric by making each lesson challenging, relevant, motivating, intetesting, and even fun. We parents are constantly surprised and delighted by how much our children learn and retain that they can really use to acquire more knowledge and skill on their own. This is independent education at its finest for reasonable rates and with NO arrogance. I highly recommend this school.

Posted August 02, 2015
Love this school. Awesome curriculum, great teachers, tons of nurturing. I'm so glad I moved my kids from the public school to Petra.

Posted April 30, 2015
With the ever-changing demands by the federal government and the horrible implementation of Common Core in Montana, Petra Academy is a dream come true. They are rooted in the classical tradition. Translation: accountability, respect, rote memorization, Latin language learning, among other things! I love the grow our daughter has shown over the past year. Her knowledge base has exponentially grown since she started at Petra. I'm very happy with the school, and I will not ever consider placing her back in public school in Montana. The education your child will receive at Petra will far surpass any student in public school.

Posted September 19, 2013
My children have been enrolled at Petra for 3 years and I could not be happier with the quality of teaching at the school. My children are challenged to grow academically and to mature in their character. The other students are kind and inclusive, striving to make new students feel welcome. Our family homeschooled before coming to Petra and we have been so pleased with the loving and nurturing culture of the school.

Posted January 09, 2008
I attended Petra from ninth grade until graduation. These were literally some of the best years of my life. The teachers there have a passion not only for the subject that they teach, but for Christ as well. They treated us like we were brilliant, and we responded by working our hardest in order to make them proud. I now have a relationship with most of my teachers that is very close. I was sad to leave, but excited to see what I could do with everything that I had learned at Petra. I am also well-prepared for anything that life can throw at me. I attend a secular university, and am confident in my faith and education. I write and speak better than many of my peers here, and I have a purpose behind everything I do -- the glory of God. Very few other schools can teach that.

Posted October 20, 2007
Since someone else submitted than I shall. It is an excellent school and worth checking out. It challenges you and develops a whole new angle of thinking. You go back to the basics and the necessary information children deserve to acquire. Socretean method is used. Classical and of course Christ as the center. It can be depressing if the student doesn't keep up on the load, but it will more prepare you for college and beyond than any other school I've heard of and known especially in the Gallitan County. In fact, by the time one is done they'll be far advanced and much more disciplined than other fellow collegiate peers. Start 'em out young. They deserve it. -Former Student

Posted January 19, 2007
Thought Ii didn't appreciate it at the time, the quality education I received at Petra was first rate. Though I only attended the last few years of High School I was given a love of Literature and History which I carry to this day. I am still in awe of the Godly atmosphere which acompanies every visit to the school. True Christ like character is socially acceptable and nurtured. It is truly wonderful to see what children can acomplish when given the discipline and rigor they crave.

Petra Academy