Bad
Good

My son has attended kindergarten and first grade at Hyalite and it's marvelous. He's flourishing. He required a reading intervention teacher and she is truly passionate about teaching and dedicated to each of the children. His regular teachers are also kind and very good. We feel like it's a community: all the children/staff/parents/teachers work well together. The family events and evenings increase that feeling of belonging. Even the afterschool staff (employees of YMCA and not Hyalite Staff) are wonderful.

Great school with phenomenal teachers. My daughter flourished in band with her teacher and enjoyed the STEM club that they have in place. The teachers communicate well and go above an beyond to meet each child's needs. I only wish that there was a little more parent involvement. The PAC group is outstanding and does a lot to provide additional enrichment opportunities. My fifth grader loved the overnight field trip to Wyoming. The office staff is friendly and always helpful.

Great school with well-educated, positive and enthusiastic teachers. My oldest has attended for three years and I can't say enough great things about the school.

This school was a breath of fresh air when my son arrived mid-year after being ousted by a local montessori. The special needs preschool teachers really care about their students and teach with kindness and patience. They really built up my son's self-esteem after he was treated so poorly at his private school. He has been at the school one and half school years and this past year we could really tell he was learning something and improving his life skills. His general ed teacher this past year for Kindergarten was great. She was easy to get in touch with and always answered any questions we had. She kept me up to date on my child's progress. I also feel like the kids are really taught to respect one another at this school. My son has never been ridiculed or made fun of at Hyalite like he was at his previous school. I figure the administrators must being doing something right when you come into the school and kids are polite and using kind words and quiet voices around the adults. There is a strong emphasis on the outdoors and physical fitness at this school. My son gets a lot of exercise at school and spend a lot of time outdoors. Overall, very pleased.

Terrible communication. Worst school in Bozeman. They actually request you not speak to teacher unless you have an appointment. Awful experience with staff, rude and overly stressed faculty. Save yourself the headache and put your child in a Established School. Hyalite is Awful.

THis school had its tweeks upon opening, I have two grandchildren who went there. The importance I would say is communication which is excellent here. This must come from the parents/grandparents ect also. Your school is only as good as you help make it. My grandson does perfectly well. What you cant find in your schooll you can find in this community. we are very fortunate to live here.

Hyalite was built in 2009 and is amazing! My son was lucky enough to start at Hyalite last year as a kindergartner, and is now a happy first grader. The class sizes have remained small despite the fact that the school is growing. The teachers and staff are far above great and there are a vast array of programs to get involved in!

Last modified Hyalite Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.