Butte, MT

Margaret Leary School 3

Posted February 18, 2015
This school has changed principals recently. The new principal is still getting his legs after following a very good principal. You have to be careful about who your child gets as a teacher. Some are very good and some just do not seem like they really want to be teachers. Some parents really like this school while others do not and I think that really depends upon who your child gets as a teacher. They are a very punitive school using punishment rather then rewards as encouragement from my perspective.

Margaret Leary School 2

Posted April 03, 2014
I would like to address the Margaret Leary School. As a grandmother who had a grandchild attend this school I want it noted the experience was not a great one. We found out later our little one was bullied almost daily and this was a kindergarten child. There were no holiday fun things as per usual with schools and we later learned it was 'up to the teacher' The principle needs to take charge like the one before him and pay attention to what's happening in that school. Our little one transferred to another school and couldn't be happier. Make it safe, make it fun and the children will learn like crazy.

Margaret Leary School 3

Posted November 05, 2013
My family has lived in Butte for three generations. Margaret Leary is a very good school, your child will definitely get a good education here. But I have always been concerned about how safe this school would be in case of a fire. It has no windows. If you are moving into Butte and trying to decided where to live, I would pick the Hillcrest school district.

Posted December 15, 2012
My family & I want to thank so very much for keeping our kids as safe as you all can. Thank you for always having the doors locked. Thank you for having policemen so involved with our children as well. Thank you all for doing an awsome job in our community! Thank you for making me as a parent feel like you will keep my kids safe when I am not with them.

Posted August 31, 2011
I absolutely love this elemantary school. Thereis a great customer service as the parents are taken as well of as the kids. This is also the only elementary school that has passed no child left behind. This is a huge kudos to the staff that work there. I am blessed to have my daughter in kindergarten and getting to have her whole elementary experirence there just as my other daughter did. I am so glad to stay involved there!!!

Posted October 28, 2010
The principal and staff go extra measures to help all students. My child has many issues that are not her fault or our fault as she is adopted. The school has rallied around to make her school experience meaningful and enjoyable. The academics are awesome and Mr. O'Neil provides as much enrichement as he can. Great School!

Posted December 23, 2005
A wonderful place to learn. The staff is very caring and meet the individual needs of each student. Principal Mr. O'Neill was fun and encouraging. Mrs. Kump was the most phenomenal teacher I've had in my whole life. In general, a fun and safe learning environment. I was only here for 2 years (5th and 6th grades) and I wish I was there my whole elementary school life. The only 2 problems are that there are no windows and there are no opportunities for music or art. (which, sadly, is very typical in Butte)

Margaret Leary School

Posted September 14, 2003
Margaret Leary has alot of parent involvement. The principal is young and energetic, he truly cares about the kids at this school. Betweem him and the teachers, they make learning fun and exciting for the kids.

Margaret Leary School
1301 4 Mile Vue Rd, Butte, MT  59701
Last modified Margaret Leary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Margaret Leary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top