Bad
Good

This school has changed principals recently. The new principal is still getting his legs after following a very good principal. You have to be careful about who your child gets as a teacher. Some are very good and some just do not seem like they really want to be teachers. Some parents really like this school while others do not and I think that really depends upon who your child gets as a teacher. They are a very punitive school using punishment rather then rewards as encouragement from my perspective.

I would like to address the Margaret Leary School. As a grandmother who had a grandchild attend this school I want it noted the experience was not a great one. We found out later our little one was bullied almost daily and this was a kindergarten child. There were no holiday fun things as per usual with schools and we later learned it was 'up to the teacher' The principle needs to take charge like the one before him and pay attention to what's happening in that school. Our little one transferred to another school and couldn't be happier. Make it safe, make it fun and the children will learn like crazy.

My family has lived in Butte for three generations. Margaret Leary is a very good school, your child will definitely get a good education here. But I have always been concerned about how safe this school would be in case of a fire. It has no windows. If you are moving into Butte and trying to decided where to live, I would pick the Hillcrest school district.

My family & I want to thank so very much for keeping our kids as safe as you all can. Thank you for always having the doors locked. Thank you for having policemen so involved with our children as well. Thank you all for doing an awsome job in our community! Thank you for making me as a parent feel like you will keep my kids safe when I am not with them.

I absolutely love this elemantary school. Thereis a great customer service as the parents are taken as well of as the kids. This is also the only elementary school that has passed no child left behind. This is a huge kudos to the staff that work there. I am blessed to have my daughter in kindergarten and getting to have her whole elementary experirence there just as my other daughter did. I am so glad to stay involved there!!!

The principal and staff go extra measures to help all students. My child has many issues that are not her fault or our fault as she is adopted. The school has rallied around to make her school experience meaningful and enjoyable. The academics are awesome and Mr. O'Neil provides as much enrichement as he can. Great School!

Last modified Margaret Leary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.