Butte High School

Public | 9-12

Posted September 27, 2013

This school is a great institution for high school students to explore classes, extracurricular activities and an opportunity to take college prep courses. This school is well represented with students involved in sports, cheerleading, student council, music programs, and academics. I think this school is a great place of preparation for students who want to go on to college and beyond.

Posted June 10, 2013

After completing one career and working in my own business I have to say my high school experience was one of the best. Completely different from what I can imagine now Is the norm, we were encouraged to commit to a curriculum which fit. My MOM committed me to a scientific program and while I do have some regrets, the classes I took were more that adequate in giving me the basis I needed to continue on with education and have a good career. The extra curricular programs opened up a world of possibilities. Path not travelled ....chorus. Didn't have an opening and was not sure I could make the grade but all in all. I think it was as good as it gets.

Posted February 27, 2013

My daughters have both attended this school and both of them have had different experiences. The teachers and coaches are exceptional and go the extra mile. The principal I have never seen or meet so I feel that they could use someone more active in the school and with students/parents. Sports are a big deal in this school so if the students do not play sports they are not as well liked by others. But other than it being a popularity contest and the principal it is a great school with caring staff.

Posted October 29, 2009

Wonderful teachers, academics, and a feeling of family among the students and faculty. Am very proud to have attended Butte High. GO BULLDOGS!!

Posted August 6, 2009

I am going into my junior year after this summer and my experiance at Butte High has been very challenging and great. I have meet many wonderful teachers and find that in my honors and AP classes I have been learning the most I can. I have ran into a few bad teachers but that's just pare for the course. Butte high is a great school that offers lots of opertunities if you just take advantage of them. I strongly disagree with any body who says otherwise. If kids would try a little harder and open up their eyes maybe they would think like I do.

Posted June 17, 2009

I am a former sutdent of Butte High and have now completed two years of college. There are a lot of teachers at Butte High who are really willing to go the extra mile for their students. The education a student of Butte High will get is mostly up to them. If they want to try hard and take the a.p. and honors classes they will get a great education. My high school education has helped me out a ton in college and i feel like because of the challenging courses and teachers conserned with high quality education i was ahead of most other incoming freshmen.

Posted October 10, 2008

Butte needs better school leadership! the schools are falling below because of lax teaching and bad leadership! poor parent involvement in high school and no one cares if a student fails a class. whats wrong with you teachers?

Posted March 23, 2007

The best I can say for this school is the it has an ok art department. The town of Butte is run down and the school isn't any better. The biggest problem is that the staff doesn't pay enough attention to the students.
—Submitted by a former student

Posted February 6, 2007

My three children received a quality education at Butte High School. They had a wonderful work ethic and worked extremely hard to get the most out of everything BHS has to offer. I was welcomed by all teachers when I wanted to check on anything. Two are college graduates, one is an engineer, & one is a computer science major with great jobs. My third is attending college now and will graduate soon. I feel Butte High School had a lot to do with their success!! Go Bulldogs!

Posted December 18, 2006

Butte High School is a wonderful school. The Best!

Posted December 14, 2006

My experience at Butte High was nothing but fantastic, wouldn't change it for anything.
—Submitted by a former student

Posted December 14, 2006

I love school teachers, staff and administration are wonderful.

Posted December 14, 2006

I have had 5 daughters and sons attend Butte High School and am proud that they did. They are now very successful. I have always been impressed with the way the school is run and the amount of emphasis is put on education.

Posted April 28, 2006

My son is bright enough to become self-educated, but few teachers he encountered had any passion for teaching or nurturing kids. What kind of school locks all students and teachers in their classrooms when there is a security threat such as a bomb threat or criminal in the building?

Posted December 22, 2005

This school is an embarassment to the Butte school district .

Posted December 20, 2005

I am a sophomore this year. I never really have liked school, but have never despised school as much as Butte High. I moved here to Butte in the 5th grade, which I really enjoyed and learned a lot in elementary school (Margaret Leary). However, in this school (along with East Middle School), there is absolutely no respect for other students. I am a good student, I have respect for each and every student regardless of what differences they have. I talked to the dean today and he said that he can't really control it anymore because the society is becoming more ignorant each day. The deans do whatever they can to control these issues. I am coming to the point that I am no longer interested in completing my education at this school.

Posted May 27, 2004

This school and staff do not show the caring and need to want to expand a students knowledge for the world that is facing them. This school tends to demean the students and wants only a selcet few of the parents in the community involved with the students instead of parent involvement. They feel that a parent may interfer with the union in this city not help! I am sad to say that the child that is graduating from this school has no staff member they want to return to see as not one made any type of bond with this student! Hope this will help the staff rethink how they approach the students and families in the community!

Grade level

Math

The state average for Math was 56% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 82% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 45% in 2013.

Scale: % proficient or advanced

In 2012-2013 Montana used the Criterion-Referenced Test (CRT) to assess students in grades 3 though 8 and 10 in reading and math and in grades 4, 8, and 10 in science. The CRT is a standards-based test, which means it measures specific skills defined for each grade by the state of Montana. The goal is for all students to score at or above the proficient level.

Source: Montana Office of Public Instruction

White, not Hispanic38%
Participates in free/reduced lunch28%
Students with disabilities23%
Scale: % proficient or advanced

The different student groups are identified by the Montana Office of Public Instruction. If there are fewer than 10 students in a particular group in a school, the state doesn't report data for that group.

Source: Montana Office of Public Instruction

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 1% 1%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 30%N/A40%

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Targeted Assistance program (TAS)

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

401 South Wyoming