Darby High School 3

Posted April 28, 2010
Well, it is now 2010. The teaching staff at Darby Schools continues to be excellent with a few exceptions. I am a licensed MT teacher so I perceive things a little differently now. Our student numbers continue to drop. If a low student to teacher ratio is maintained it will continue to benefit the staff and students. Firing experienced teachers with high salaries seems to be the agenda. Unfortunately these educators are some of the finest in the valley and I am sad to see them threatened by the administration. Still, as long as the community remains involved and the school board does not 'rubber stamp' decisions, the school will remain one of the finest in the Bitterroot Valley. My daughter attends the HS and my son attends the JH. I will continue to enroll them and I am extremely confident in the education they will receive.

Darby High School 1

Posted February 01, 2008

Darby High School 5

Posted October 27, 2005
- a former student
Darby High School always has been, and always will be, a fantastic school. For the size of the town in which it is in, there are a wide variety of classes offered, including college prep classes. The teacher:student ratios are low, and staff involvement in the success of the students is superb. However, as with any small town mentality, progress is not always welcome and the school suffers due to lack of funding. Education opportunities, in any environment, are only as good as the involvement of the society in which they present themselves. Unfortunately, ignorance abounds due to no fault of the school itself. Each and every child at Darby High School is offered an excellent education. Whether or not that opportunity is taken advantage of, however, is another story.

Darby High School 4

Posted May 03, 2004
Darby has been a great school up until now. With all this origin crap out there. It is threaten this school. Why did they have to bring that to Darby. We had a great school people willing to do anything for anyone. Now I feel if this goes thur I will have to transport my children to Hamilton which I know for a fact there is 23 other students that there parents feel the same way. So much for funding for darby school if the enrollment goes down that much and who else knows how many will leave.

Darby High School
209 School Dr, Darby, MT  59829
Last modified Darby High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Darby High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 4 reviews. Top