Florence, MT

Posted February 14, 2013
We've been pleasantly surprised with FCS. Both my kids spent 2 years there and have had some really wonderful teachers. Of course with the school (and town) being so small, there is drama, but we just stayed out of it. But one of the best parts about the school is their music department. The elementary music teacher, Mrs. Sayler and band teacher, Mrs. Kirby are so talented and are wonderful with the kids. The 5th grade band is amazing.

Florence-Carlton El School 5

Posted December 11, 2012
Last year, I had 3 kids in FCES. I absolutely LOVED the kindergarten teacher and my son is ahead of the other kids at his new school this year. My other two are also doing well at their new schools. I loved the teachers. I loved the staff. My only complaint is that with it being such a small school, it seems like the girls were involved in a lot of girl-drama. It was a major issue with my girls and maybe the teachers/staff just didn't know how to solve the problems, but there never seemed to be a solution. We dealt with drama problems for years! I will also say that I loved the special education teachers. Very caring and patient. I loved the small school atmosphere. I loved that neither me nor my children were just a number to the staff. Everyone knew everyone by name. I felt like the staff cared about each kid and they all loved their jobs.

Florence-Carlton El School 5

Posted August 03, 2009
I love this school. I wish it did have more funding, a brand new school would be ideal.. but I think the teachers do the best with what they have and are in general, great educators.

Florence-Carlton El School 1

Posted July 17, 2008
The school(s) having basicially all 3 together is out of date. It has to many administrators and acdademicially offers very little to the middle and high schools. It is predicated on sports. I have sent three children through this system and unfortunately there sports teams which aren't that good to begin with are seemingly what the administrators consider to be the most important gift to the students.

Posted November 09, 2007
My daughter has attended FCS for two years now. They have truly dedicated, creative, and passionate teachers. They make the school. Unfortunately, it's not a well-funded/community supported school, and is actually within a K-12 building, so elementary school children are lumped in with older kids, which isn't always ideal.

Posted September 04, 2007
My children have gone to out of state schools previously. I believe that you have a great academic program in the elementary area - I have been very pleased. I am surprised though at the free access of the school compared to where we came from - security wise. Most of the doors are open during the day and people seem to be able to come in and leave freely without anyone noticing - which could be why a child molester was caught near the school last year. Where we came from - they had only one entry door during school hours which took you straigt through an office area where you had to sign in. Other doors were 'exit' only during school hours. I know this is Montana..but with the security of our children I think that you may want to relook at the entry policies during the day.

Posted January 05, 2006

Florence-Carlton El School
5602 Old Hwy 93, Florence, MT  59833
Last modified Florence-Carlton El School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Florence-Carlton El School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top