Florence, MT

Florence-Carlton High School 4

Posted December 01, 2013
I've attended Florence since Kindergarten. My elementary teachers were spectacular, my middle school teachers were supportive, but often, withe exceptions, I felt like the teaching methods weren't very effective. I've loved attending Florence in High School. I learn well, I pass AP exams, my teachers are excellent and very supportive. Throughout high school I will finish a total of 6 AP courses. We're underfunded, and yes, we lack a lot of diversity in our classes and student population, but I can approach anyone, students or faculty, friend or acquaintance, and I won't be turned away. Florence is a very supportive school with excellent teachers who go above and beyond to make sure their students understand the curriculum.

Florence-Carlton High School 3

Posted April 29, 2011
Our school District is struggling with declining enrollment which is creating an overload of Teachers and Administration. Our All-day Kindergarten program is nothing much beyond a glorified daycare. Fundamental curriculum is lacking in K-2.

Posted October 25, 2010
In dire need of money management. Administration is in the pocket of the union and other employees. Another good ole boys club in action.

Posted June 05, 2010
Sadly I must agree with the last few statements. This school is in disarray. The administration only cares about it's salaries and not about the students. As a parent who sent 4 children here, my last did not go to the high school. Lack of educational opportunities such as eleminating accounting 1& 2 in favor of yoga! The present school board leadership in total not open to the truth or the facts. It's so sad beacause they are the communities controlers and have failed miseraly. The school does not teach and the children suffer. The best of the best get denied access to the top c-rated colleges. How very sad. We need new board members and the removal of administrators whom must be held accountable for there failures.

Posted June 03, 2010
A great school has... Excellent teachers Strong principal/school leadership Challenging academic programs Florence has none of the above! Florence needs a complete 100% turnover!

Florence-Carlton High School 0

Posted April 30, 2010
Not up to par. Horrible rating from Schooldigger. In dire need of new management.

Florence-Carlton High School 2

Posted November 30, 2009

Florence-Carlton High School 0

Posted September 28, 2009
This is a small school that strives to produce quality academics in a rural environment with minimal funding.

Florence-Carlton High School 5

Posted November 02, 2008
Our four children have attended Florence Carlton School from Kindergarten through high school graduation. They all have been well prepared for college. As with any school, what students and parents put in to education is what they will get out of it. There are more opportunities for specialized classes at other, larger schools, but among small, rural schools, Florence is tops.

Posted March 02, 2008
I go to Florence and I must say that I really don't like it. There's not very many oppotunities in sports or classes. Students are very cliquish and it's hard to fit in. Not a very welcoming school. Over crowded and a lot of things are being cut. There are also elementary and middle school kids around every corner which besides being slightly annoying, it takes away from the fact that the kids are in high school and should have that separation from the younger grades.

Florence-Carlton High School
5602 Old Hwy 93, Florence, MT  59833
Last modified Florence-Carlton High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Florence-Carlton High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top