Bad
Good

This school helped me a little but not a lot. my first year there i was on the "must be in essential English" and they ignored it completely.so failed all my classes and they did not help me at all.the students are rude and mean and the only thing a teacher will stop is if it becomes a physical fight other than that students can be harassed and hurt verbally to the paint where they don't come to school. The kids who are not in to sports or not wanting to be a cheer leader the will be put at the bottom of the list the care for sports more then the do for learning or any thing else. teachers thought i was a bad kid because i dressed and did my hair different they go with the clicks sadly they also lost some of my credits while i was there i do not think it is fair to me because i have to re earn them again over all a really bad school environment .i would like to apologize for typing i am still not good at it.

I went to 3 high schools my freshman year and CHS was by far the worst of them all. I moved from Nov. of my 8th grade year until Jan. of my freshman year( I would have started sooner but they wouldn't take me til second semester). When I returned to Helena and started at CHS I was treated as if I was invisible. Kids I went though elementary & middle school, girl scouts and Sunday school with treated me like dirt. Both my brother and sister attended this school and my brother had just as much trouble. I was enrolled at Capital High School for less then a month and nothing could make me go back.

We feel as if the mentality is if you don't fit the mold then you need to leave.

Advanced social studies department is top notch. Mr. Neiffer, Mr. Partridge, and Mr. Simms are some of the best AP social studies teachers out there. Although the math department in general is lacking, Mr. Peterson more than makes up for it with the advanced Calculus classes. Bad mentality overall at the school, especially coming from the principle. Overall feeling, 'guilty until proven innocent.' However, acceptable learning environment, made bearable by some fantastic teachers (see above).

Capital High School has a lot of work to do until I would consider it an excellent school. I currently attend CHS and numerous things bug me about it, especially when it's compared to the other high school in Helena. There is no individuality or creativity encouragement. Classes should help a child grow as a student but more importantly as a person.

I am not writing from the perspective of a parent, or past student. I currently attend CHS. Some teachers are fantastic, and others are a complete waste of time and energy. While extracurriculars are available, sports programs obviously dominate student life. I would also like to mention that the atmosphere of CHS is not very student friendly, although this has improved in the past year.

'Capital High School has very poor principal leadership. The math and science departments are struggling! Teachers are very big on just pushing students through classes weather they pass or not. Fun learning enviroment. Sports division only cares who your parents are and how much money you have, not so much on talent.'

I am very pleased with the leadership at Capital. Getting kids involved and keeping them involved is a priority in this school. My student knows his progress on a daily basis, which encourages him to keep trying. The extra curricular activities have helped him acclimate to high school. In my opinion, this school is excellent.

Last modified Capital High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.