Bad
Good

KMS is an excellent school. My son is a high honors student, a talented athlete and he is a leader. However the teachers are willing to hold him responsible if his behavior is sub par. Communication with the teachers has been excellent and they all care deeply for the kids. There are also many opportunities for extracurricular activities at KMS which are not available at other middle schools in the area. I recommend the school for anyone coming to the Flathead Valley.

I believe the quality of the education is above the rural Flathead Valley school we moved from.

This school completely fails to meet any criteria of quality education by any stretch of the imagination. They offered my child a class to help her stay on top of school work when our family is going through a very rough time, instead the teacher who is supposed to be helping her has bullied her and called her a liar. This same teacher had the nerve to call me an irresponsible parent. When I spoke to the vice principle about her attitude, I was treated with a total lack of regard for the situation. I contacted the principle and instead of being cooperative he also treated me with disrespect and placed the blame on my child's attitude and payed no attention what so ever to the fact that his teacher has a rotten attitude and is not fit to be an educator. I now understand why so many people home school their children in this state and it is because the public education system is completely worthless and tstaff are lazy, egocentrics. Don't put a child through this school, they are completely incompetent!

My child is attending this school for the first time ,I am not thrilled with this school at all . A Teacher puts hands on my child daily ! I have had to put up with racial comments that are let to pass with no consequences for the other party ,other than a slap on the hand . My Daughters were both Honor student prior to this school and now she is well below the grade . there are no textbooks for them to actually do their homework and are punished when its not done ! In my opinion If you can home school or afford private school i would do that first .

My son went to school here 6-8. It was a terrible experience. They have silly little rules and a ridiculous grading system that wont transfer anywhere else, not to mention the hour it will take you just to try to figure out what there report card actually means and what grade they really have. There is absolutely nothing wrong with ABCDF grades. This middle school consists of kids that are from 2 of the surrounding high school areas. Kids form bonds and friendships with kids that are ultimately going to another high school than them during a very emotional time of their life. Why should we put that on kids that are already going through such an emotional time of their life. My son had scored 100% on all of the math test that they give to students and they refused to move him into the advanced math level until I finally half way through his 8th grade year convinced his math teacher to let him in. They just fight common sense and don't care about your input.

Now that Kalispell has modified the JR High to a Middle School with 'pods', all of the kids I've talked to, including my 6th grader- love it. I like that I can see all of his grades on-line. The teachers are attentive, but remember they each have 100 students, so the kids are forced be responsible- not such a bad thing.

The school has an amazing music program, but fails to meet the standards of even the typical student.

My son just made the switch from ST. Matthew s to the Kalispell JR High. He loves it and so do I. I love the choice to look at your grades online it really motovates him to do better. the teachers help alot with his homework and I toataly recommend it

Last modified Kalispell Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.