Kalispell, MT

Russell School 1

Posted March 20, 2014
This school has many great teachers and I feel sad they have the principal they do, as well as certain other teachers there. I have seen him act completely unprofessional and use his position to shut down at least 3 other parents (some not there anymore because they transferred out specifically because of the things he allows his teachers and himself to do and say) with similar issues to mine and my two children. The worst part is the children that had to suffer with the bullying that has and apparently still does from other parents I still talk too. I myself had to leave and take my kids with me as I no longer could watch my children's broken expressions after being with certain teachers and dealing with Sullivan's unprofessional attitude. Im not sure about anyone else but a lot of these talks took place without others nearby, and so I had only my word against his (as apparently 1 of the other 3 parents I personally talked too).

Posted October 23, 2013
The principal at Russell sets a great tone of community and working together. The teachers are dedicated to the students. There is an effort to get parents involved. We always feel welcome asking questions and visiting.

Posted March 03, 2013
I am a new teacher at Russell School and am impressed by the dedication, grit, enthusiasm and professionalism of the entire staff. They work hard to gather data and to provide research-based interventions for students who are struggling while challenging all students to reach their potential.

Russell School 3

Posted January 11, 2012
Dear Parent, I am very sorry to hear that. I hope your child is experiencing a positive experience now. Teachers have an important responsibility to create a learning environment that meets the needs of all individuals. Our school is currently implementing a Response to Intervention program that fosters this mentality. Russell Elementary needs teachers, parents, administrators, and students working together to create an optimal learning environment. Again, I am sorry to hear about this on the world wide web. I really hope that if you have any concerns you come to Parent Teacher Organization meetings. Thank you for your comment. Sorry about the response time on this matter. Mrs. Robinson Second Grade Teacher

Posted April 11, 2010

Russell School 1

Posted August 17, 2007
My son has gone to Russell school for the last 2 yrs. and even though he has had 'help' he has not progressed in this school. The NCLB act has not allowed him the ability to 'go back' and gain the proper foundation that he needed to move forward and be successful and some teachers do only what is required of them. Teaching is for only the children who 'fit' the mold and can perform 'normally'. It was a non-communicative environment and hostile for my child.

Russell School
227 West Nevada, Kalispell, MT  59901
Last modified Russell School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Russell School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top