Manhattan, MT

Posted April 04, 2014
I absolutely love this school! What the school, teachers, administration, staff, students and other families have done for my children is amazing. This school is a blessing, and being part of it goes beyond being a part of the "school community" but it provides us with a sense of FAMILY. The teachers LOVE the children while challenging them to reach their highest levels of success in academics, spiritual growth, physical development, and extra curricular activities! My family knows, without a shadow of a doubt, that should something "bad" happen to one of us, the entire school and school families will rally around us and support us in Christ's love. I cannot say enough good things about Manhattan Christian! Is it expensive, yes, do we have to make sacrifices in other areas to allow our kids to go, yes, but it is worth EVERY single penny. This school focuses on the most important things, and everyone there desires success for each student. I highly, highly, HIGHLY recommend Manhattan Christian School for all student ages, and encourage you to come check it out. It is worth coming for a tour or a day of shadowing or an open house.

Posted February 16, 2014
There seems to be one person out there with a vendetta against MCS, and that one person likes to write reviews. We are not from this "Dutch community", do not have deep pockets, and didn't know anyone here before enrolling our kids here. They have both graduated now, but I do not regret one bit having sacrificed a little bit to send them to MCS. They thrived there, had wonderful friends that were very accepting, and grew into extremely well rounded, compassionate, kind, respectful, caring young women with educations that served them well into college. They became very confident because of the small school atmosphere where they were able to participate and excel in sports and other small groups. Teachers were understanding and caring about their academics, as well as their spiritual development and personal lives. I would strongly recommend MCS to anyone, and hope that my grandchildren will be able to attend there someday!

Posted November 11, 2013
This school does not have keep out signs......only signs asking the public to respect private property and keep dogs off the property. Not sure why reviewers think otherwise. My children thoroughly enjoy the challenging classes offered here as opposed to the less challenging classes they were enrolled in another local school. Also the atmosphere of acceptance for all is much different than what my children saw at their previous school.

Posted August 28, 2013
This school has keep out signs all over the campus and only allows paying students to play on their huge campus while all the other kids get nothing

Posted August 28, 2013
Do your research wisely, this school's enrollment is way down and most of the kids left to go to public school.

Posted July 12, 2013
This school's enrollment is way down. The reason is not because of a bad economy as they are reporting. They had a couple of years of good enrollment then most of the kids left in 2011 and 2012 to go to a private christian school in a neighboring community. The reason for this was because the teachers and administrators are simply sub par. Their education was sorely neglected as far as being well rounded and that is the only way they know how to teach, neglectfully. They will convince you that they will be good to all kids but they only tolerate the old-time dutch community and treat everyone else with disdain, unless of course you have been accepted. Really? Is that how a school professing Christian values should be? I think not and many people found out when they were talked into going. Home school if you have to. If you love and respect your offspring, do not send them to Manhattan Christian School or Day Care or Pre-School. Call around, you will see. A lot of people are afraid to say anything because of the school's deep pockets.. Think and do your research people.

Posted January 21, 2013
My children have really blossomed at MCS! The teachers and coaches have been wonderful mentors.

Posted January 21, 2013
My daughter has absolutely bloomed at this school. The teachers she has had so far have been phenomenal and the leadership of this school fantastic. I wouldn't trade it for the world! No school is perfect, but it's positive attributes far outweigh any negative I can think of. We are grateful this school is an option.

Posted January 21, 2013
This is our second year at MCS and we a very happy with it. The atmosphere is friendly and welcoming and the involvement of the families and the community is outstanding.

Posted April 25, 2011
From an insider's point of view, I'd rather attend ANY public school. The staff is rude, the teachers are subpar, and the school spends money on it's athletics rather than desks, lockers, or up-to-date books. Almost every single desk I sat in from 6-12th grade was over 50 years old. The rules are insane, even for a Christian school. Detention is not sitting quietly in a room, but unpaid physical labor, PLUS a $10 fee! The principal herself will not let you take a class if she doesn't feel that it's appropriate for you. One of our teachers handed out lesson sheets and told us to figure it out ourselves. And not only once, she did this for 4 years of the class. The community refuses to branch out to anyone not born and bred in Churchill. Few classes to choose from and even fewer extra-curricular activities. Do your kids a favor and send them to Manhattan public.

Manhattan Christian School
8000 Churchill Rd, Manhattan, MT  59741
Last modified Manhattan Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Manhattan Christian School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top