Bad
Good

Posted August 29, 2013
Amazing teachers, first rate choir and drama dept, top notch sciences! Way to go Sentinel for making this homeschooling mom of 6 happy, calm and satisfied as my kiddos have transitioned to high school!

Posted June 28, 2012
My son attended Sentinel High School and it was a wonderful experience. The teachers were interested, engaged in the students' welfare, and very involved in all aspects of each student's particular needs. There were extra-curricular activities available addressing a wided-spectrum of interests and, at least in our son's experience, all the different segments of the student population respected one another and supported one another. Attending Sentinel High School gave our son the education, social skills, and life skills to enter college with confidence and excitement. Kudos, Sentinel and Thank you!

Sentinel High School 1

Posted March 21, 2012
Could not have said it better than myself. Same exact feeling as post dated December 2010. I am a parent of a student.

Sentinel High School 3

Posted December 10, 2010
As a former student of Sentinel high school, i can honestly say i hated it. And this is coming from one of those kids who kept to himself and failed because of it. No teachers ever came to me to help me out. The teaching methods did not work for me and they don't go further than the basics. A lot of the teachers that i had only went as far as the bare minimum. I can say that they did help me out with suicide prevention, but they still treated me like i was below them and they were just doing their jobs rather than being personable. Some of the worst years of my life were harbored in this school. Educationally, it's not what it seems. If you're behind, you will stay behind if you don't help yourself because if you're not teachers favorite then you have to looking for help elsewhere. Parents need to understand reality here. And I'm not saying don't let your kids go to this school, I'm just saying you should know what to expect and understand how to handle situations. The best part about this school is the counselors. They were the only people i seemed to be able to feel somewhat comfortable with. The math teacher i had in my second year hadn't even had a real teaching degree.

Posted November 03, 2009
I love the school I went too the staff so caring

Posted August 15, 2009
Excellent school Great college prep

Sentinel High School 4

Posted June 11, 2007
Academically they are very good. I would however, appreciate more communication from the staff. We have been very satisfied the first year with the quality of teaching.

Posted February 20, 2007
As a former teacher at Sentinel, I can only rate the teachers as much of the administration has changed. I came to Sentinel and was very impressed. The teachers are true professionals dedicated to academics, their subject areas and their students; I cannot say the same about my former school. I was always very proud to be a part of the Sentinel faculty, as teachers there are passionate about and dedicated to education. The positive work environment contributes to teacher success, and Sentinel teachers want to be and stay at their school. I left to raise my young children and would love to someday again be a part of such a fantastic crew.

Sentinel High School 3

Posted October 17, 2006
The extra curricular activities seem to have a tremendous turnover in staff and coaches. They have athletic 'clubs' but very few teams it seems. Impressed by girls basketball though. I am a firm believer in scholastics and extra curricular going hand in hand. Sentinel has a ways to go as far as their athletic department. Scholastically good, athletic teams poor...

Posted August 10, 2003
It is the best school I have ever attended. The whole staff really cares about the students and do everything possible to help the students achieve their goals.

901 South Ave West, Missoula, MT  59801
Last modified Sentinel High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sentinel High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top