Missoula, MT
Students enrolled: 1,043

Big Sky High School 5

Posted June 08, 2009
This school has a very dedicated staff and excellent opportunities for extracurriculars in all genres and interests. I would Highly recommend anyone to Big Sky whether they be academically, athletically, or fine arts geared. I have been involved in all three for my four years at Big Sky and I have never been disappointed.

Posted May 27, 2009
Great teachers who are stifled by an unwavering administration aiming for good test scores not real learning.

Posted December 14, 2008
In general, Big Sky is a disapointing school to say the least. Big Sky is not only last in test scores compared to the other two public high schools in Missoula, but is also last in the AA Conference. The school itself is very poorly designed and feels cluttered. While the administration and Big Sky does a fairly good job, a good majority of the teaching staff does not. Teachers take off during their prep periods, lose things like tests and grades, and are not caring about their students. Despte this, Big Sky does have a fair share of good teachers, however, most are not up to par.One area in which Big Sky does shine in is athletics. I have been at Big Sky for a year and a half now and I feel that Big Sky has not let me live up to my potiential.

Big Sky High School 1

Posted June 08, 2008
Big Sky High School is not up to standard. They have the lowest test scores in the state, and every excuse why. The administration is not at all their for the students or the overall welfare of the scool.

Posted January 28, 2008
I did not agree with the policies of Big Sky. The teachers were seemed not that interested in their students unless they were over-acheviers or barely making it.

Posted August 21, 2007
I am a student at BSHS and I have had a positive experience the last three years. I have developed some important and helpful relationships with some of the staff there and take pride in those relationships

Big Sky High School 3

Posted February 04, 2007
I cannot stress enough the importance of great leaders. My daughter has attended Big Sky for the last four years and has loved the atmosphere. The only thing that she is not thrilled about is the authoritative individuals. Overall the school is fair but could use major improvements and replacements of th so called leaders.

Posted August 30, 2006
We enrolled our son at Big Sky last year after he attended a school where there was four to five hours of homework a night, every weekend and holidays. Big Sky has been a positive change for not only the student but our entire family. Kids that want to learn will excel and those that choose to goof off would do it anywhere. Teachers shouldn't have to be babysitters or deal with rude and disruptive behavior. Like anywhere you have great teachers and a few bad apples, but those few 'bad apples' are in every school, too. Smaller public schools, and private alike. I was impressed with Barb Nelsons help when we came to Big Sky and we are very impressed with Mr. Paulson who really wants to do what is best for the student. Every teacher we talked to last year gave us 100% of their time and effort.

Posted July 14, 2006
Sure Big Sky High School has some problems, as every public school does in America, but the staff works to address those issues and try to solve the problems. Big Sky teachers and admin. know the kids and they truely care about about the success of their students. And no, not all teachers leave the school during their 90 min. prep. Instead they plan, grade papers, set up for the next 90 min. class, help students (theirs and those of other teachers), contact parents, etc... Big Sky is a great school, in fact test scores have improved and that is because of dedicated teachers and great kids.

Big Sky High School 5

Posted June 24, 2006
This school is the best thing that has ever happened to me. The test scores may not be up, but my grades, self-confidence, and self-esteem have shot up since we moved here and I started going to Big Sky. I admire my teachers and love all my knew friends. I wouldn't change anything about this school. It's positively amazing!

Big Sky High School
3100 South Ave West, Missoula, MT  59804
Last modified Big Sky High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Big Sky High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top