Posted August 29, 2014
Coming from California, I could not believe this was a public school -- it looks and acts like a very expensive private school. The physical school building is always so professionally maintained that it looks brand new. The teachers and administrators that I have interacted with have been brilliant, dedicated, caring professionals. The library is giant, has beautiful light, an excellent corpus of books, and is staffed by a very capable full-time librarian. The school has a dedicated music room, it's own collection of instruments, and a truly remarkable music teacher. The school is led by a dynamic and fully engaged principal. Add in the first-in-Montana public Spanish emersion program, and you have an extraordinary academic center. Our family feels very lucks to be Panther family!

Paxson School 2

Posted January 02, 2014
Unorganized!!! The secretary cannot handle the tasks that are given to her. The school has an answering machine if the secretary cannot reach you. On many occasions I do not receive a call back. The principle is very nice but it feels very unorganized. They spend money on special guest but do not invest in school plays and needed things.

Posted March 13, 2013
I have had children at Paxson School since 2004, and have always been impressed by what a quality school it is. Administrators and teachers are intelligent, caring people who are willing to try innovative new programs while creating an engaging environment in the classroom. Parental involvement is big, with numerous community building events throughout the year, and supplemental educational opportunities for students, such as the science fair class headed up by parents. The student population size is great - enough students to always make new friends each year, but still maintain connections with old friends. The atmosphere is very child oriented, and communication lines are always open with parents. It has been my experience that if parents take the time to get to know this school, they will be very impressed.

Posted January 07, 2013
Paxson is an amazing elementary school with everything a parent and child could ask for. Our child attended a private nursery school and the transition to Paxson couldn't have been better. Great students, teachers and parents. We love Missoula and love it even more knowing our child is growing and learning in the perfect school. Thanks Paxson for all that you do!

Paxson School 1

Posted March 16, 2012
My son was bullied enough that he was afraid to go to school. Staff does nothing to stop this either. I watched his self esteem diminish at this school. His third grade teacher was always unorganized and confusing to the students. I pulled him out and now that he is in another school he is happy and proud of the work that he does for his teacher and loves to go to school. His self esteem is back and as a mom that is the best thing I can ask for. i would homeschool my child before i ever let him go back to Paxson.

Paxson School 1

Posted May 26, 2011
One of the third grade teachers is the worst teachers I have ever dealt with. She's very inconsistent, skips spelling tests on a regular basis, because she 'forgot' to prepare for it. Never encourages the kids, instead puts them down in front of the entire classroom. The staff I have noticed are very lazy. There is a lot of bullying that goes on in the school, but no one takes care of it. I'm pulling my child out at the end of the school year.

Paxson School 0

Posted September 20, 2009
My child is a kindergartner here--his teacher is amazing. He comes home daily talking about how to make magnets, new words, how to be kind. . . Plus the parents and teachers just worked to build a new play structure that is simply amazing. Lots of very committed people!!

Posted September 10, 2009

Paxson School 0

Posted July 08, 2009
I teach second grade at Paxson and I can't think of a better place for staff, parents and students to thrive. I love working with the parents of my students and together we make such a difference in the lives of our kids. It is a true team approach!

Posted April 29, 2009
My daughter came to Paxson from Nevada where she blended in a bit much with the other kids and as a result, we didn't learn about her special needs until her first few months at Paxson where the staff and teachers were able and willing to give her the attention she needed. Now she is getting the help she needs, the staff is helping her in every way possible and helping US as parents to help her. If we'd stayed where we were, it's possible we'd never have known! HUGE thanks to everyone at Paxson for being so incredibly helpful! Because of this attention and help given, she has every chance to succeed.

Paxson School
101 Evans, Missoula, MT  59801
Last modified Paxson School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Paxson School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top