Missoula, MT

Target Range 7-8 4

Posted December 01, 2014
Good teachers overall, willing to stay and help a student. Great community involvement, encouraged by administration. Expectations are high, appropriate for this area.

Target Range 7-8 5

Posted November 21, 2012
We moved to Target Range School when my son hit 7th grade. The local rural school just didn't have the resources to educate middle school kids. It was the BEST thing I've ever done for my son! The middle school teaching team is PHENOMENAL! They are absolutely committed to educating the students. They work well together and are extremely open to hearing from parents and students about what's working and what could work better. The Montana OPI test results prove how great this school is. More advanced math and reading students than any other school in Missoula. As for sports, I don't know. My son doesn't play sports and does not seem to be detrimentally impacted by that. My daughter is in 4th grade, and it seems the elementary school isn't as good, but I know when she hits middle school she will get the kind of education that will prepare her for high school and beyond. The academic standards are high, but students require parental involvement to keep up, because the teachers don't do much hand holding; they expect the kids to be responsible for keeping up with their school work. Truly, I cannont say enough good about Target Range Middle School!

Target Range 7-8 3

Posted April 09, 2012
This school was great, but once I hit middle school, it changed. All the kids are into sports and if you arent a sporty person then you will NEVER fit into this middle school. The teachers are great at teaching, So this school is great at grades and all that but Socially is where the school hurts.

Target Range 7-8 1

Posted March 10, 2012
I wish I could have afforded to move out of this district like so many other parents did. The school dosen't get them prepared for high school and more of Target Range students do not graduate high school because it seems they just cannot catch up once there.

Target Range 7-8 1

Posted June 04, 2009

Target Range 7-8 4

Posted April 20, 2008
the education i received at this school prepared me for life and the experiences i had will stay with me forever. i was at TR from K - mid 8th grade year i sadly did not get to graduate from TR because i moved and the school i was then sent to was no comparison to TR. The 7th and 8th grade teachers i had left me with image of true educators. I miss you, Lily E.

Target Range 7-8
4095 South Ave West, Missoula, MT  59804
Last modified Target Range 7-8 is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Target Range 7-8 Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top