St Ignatius Elementary School 5

Posted August 21, 2012
My husband, children and now my grandchildren attend school here in St. Ignatius. The school is located in a very small community on the Flathead Reservation below the beautiful Mission Mountains. The teacher/student ratio is small and student learning and creativity is the priorty. Racism has not been a problem in this diverse school. The blend of the native and white population in the school and the community is excellent. The superintendent, principals and teachers are working together with parents and guardians to help each student be successful. I would highly recommend this school and community to parents seeking a better life for their children.

St Ignatius Elementary School 4

Posted January 16, 2011
Excellent staff and leadership. Parents are not very involved though. The school tries to reach out to parents to get involved, but due to work or past negative experiences, they tend to stay away. My children receive a lot of individualized attention from their teachers and the principal.

St Ignatius Elementary School 0

Posted September 16, 2009
Our kids get a great education with incredible opportunities they wouldn't get in larger schools. The students have high academic achievement and the school's teachers and staff are truly care about the students and their success.

St Ignatius Elementary School 0

Posted September 16, 2009
The school is located in small community on the Flathead Reservation sheltered by the Mission Mountain range. The community is diverse in ethnicity which bring a wide range of cultural experiences to the classroom. Families of the children who attend St. Ignatius Elementary fully support all of its programs both academic and extra curricular. The faculty whom many of attended the same school, went on to college and returned to work in the district and are as professional and sharp as they come. I say this with confidence that St. Ignatius Elementary is an educational, culturally balanced program that is making a positive impact on its students and community. I would know being that I am a parent, and a former employee!

St Ignatius Elementary School 4

Posted June 08, 2009
I have 2 kids in this school. Being non-native & living here for me has not been bad, but my kids have had to deal with the discrimination. HOWEVER: YOU HAVE TO BE INVOLVED with your children's teachers! There is a NO BULLY policy & I have often counseled my children on how to handle that, as well as keeping in close contact with the teachers & principals to nip any kind of threat to my child in the bud. Overall, I have been happy with the teachers & staff. My oldest is going into 8th grade & loves most of her teachers & receives high marks. My youngest (2nd grade) sometimes doesn't share her sibling's enthusiam, but she enjoys it for the most part & can read at 5th grade level. Unfortunately there's discrimination everywhere . Best they learn that now than shelter them from the real world.

St Ignatius Elementary School 1

Posted October 09, 2008
This is by far the absolute worst school ever, especially if you are not native. Tons of discrimination and racism by students and teachers. Horrible school!!! Do not send your kids there you will regret it.

St Ignatius Elementary School 1

Posted July 18, 2007
I feel the Elementary has fallen apart and seems unorganized. Discipline is lacking in huge measures. Reading program seems very unstable since the lost of so many teachers. 2nd grade Math was good! Teachers seem very unhappy and uninspired. Thinking of switching my kids to near by Charlo!

St Ignatius Elementary School
300 Blaine, St Ignatius, MT  59865
Last modified St Ignatius Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
St Ignatius Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top