Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Effective

Posted September 09, 2015
Like any school, there are bad, good and better teachers. For the most part, I am satisfied.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted September 09, 2015
I didn't see my kids overloaded, but I didn't see them coming home empty handed every night either.

Develops grit: Agree

Posted September 09, 2015
I think parents instill a drive for success, but they school does keep up on grades, gives extra help, and contacts parents. Parent-teacher conferences could be better, but they are adequate.

Develops respect: Agree

Posted September 09, 2015
If a kid is not learning respect in this school for others and property, they are kids that really don't care to listen.

Develops empathy: Agree

Posted September 09, 2015
It is not always the most popular students who are nominated for homecoming and prom royalty. I feel like my kids are nice human beings. I know I had something to do with it, but I think the school did have a little something too.

Develops honesty: Agree

Posted September 09, 2015
The coaches are the best at teaching these principals and that includes coaches in every activity. They don't let kids sit around and feel sorry for themselves and they make them act polite and respectful to other kids and adults. They stress that they are representing the school and they need to behave in a manner that makes the school and their parents proud.

Broadwater High School 5

Posted September 09, 2015
My son had went to a previous school and could not even read when we came to Townsend in 2nd Grade. They took time with him all through grade school and high school and he flourished because of that. He wasn't a fan of the extra attention in high school, but it helped. My daughter did well and she excelled in academics and activities. To be honest, I think there was some bullying (my kids got bullied a little bit) but it is not anymore than any other school. I did not make a big deal of it because I think we are all letting our kids become sissies with all the political correctness and whining and parents being right in the face of everyone bitching if their kids are not treated like royalty. My kids are self confident and can stick up for themselves with anyone. This is a great school. It does a good job of preparing kids for college and that is what it is supposed to do.

Broadwater High School 1

Posted November 30, 2013
This school is terrible!!!! The bullying that goes on there is not even funny!! There are teachers that bully, put down, and even embarrass students!! I'm glad I graduated from that school I hated it so much that I was at the point of committing suicide because I was being bullied, sexually harrassed and physically abused all through school and the teachers and principal wouldn't do NOTHING!!!!!!! My sophomore year I wanted to dropout because I was tired of dealing with everything. I'm glad I didn't droput even though I missed just about all of my sophomore year because I had to go into psychiatric care because of all the stuff thar happenend to me. I'm glad to be gone and out of that school forever!!!!

Posted November 10, 2008
this is the best school on earth and i love all their teachers

Broadwater High School 5

Posted June 18, 2007
Small classroom sizes and excellent teachers make Broadwater a top choice for a quality education in a quant little community.

201 North Spruce, Townsend, MT  59644
Last modified Broadwater High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.