No rating

Whitefish Christian Academy

Private | PK-8 | 141 students

We offer a Classical Christian Education that encourages development.

Living in Whitefish

Situated in a small town neighborhood. The median home value is $212,200. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $644.

Posted April 12, 2014

The teachers at this school are there because they love each child, and it shows throughout the school. While it is an academically rigorous, classical school, the children seem to rise to the occasion consistently. The culture of the school includes significant parent involvement, peer pressure to be kind and do your best, and strong character building. The school sees their position as a partnership with the parents in the education of a child. I have found the administration friendly and welcoming if someone is interested in learning more. I had always planned to put my children in the public school until I really began researching the options. I now am a firm believer in the value of a classical, Christian education. It is astonishing the amount of information my children can memorize because they have been doing so from day one at the school. As they get older, they are learning to think critically and analytically, to present publically, and to articulate their position on a given subject. These academic tasks are being accomplished while good moral character is being reinforced daily. I appreciate that the lessons I teach at home are also being taught at school.

Posted April 9, 2014

My husband and I are so thankful for a school like WCA for our children to attend. I send my boys to school knowing everyday the lessons and values we teach at home will be reinforced. It fills my heart with joy knowing the teachers love our boys. After researching classical education, I am certain it the way I want my children to be taught. It mirrors so much of what we already know and believe about parenting. I am excited that WCA is expanding to add a high school.

Posted April 8, 2014

Whitefish Christian Academy is in the business of building fine minds in combination with outstanding character in a loving, Christian environment. Our headmaster is a dynamic, energetic and lovely man who inspires both staff and students to strive for their best and to achieve academic excellence. One example of this: the entire fourth grade class qualified for the county science fair this year! All students have the opportunity to give presentations regularly at the weekly chapel service which is excellent preparation for public speaking. Students are regularly recognized for doing the right thing towards others and are taught "chants" that promote high quality members of society (e.g., Right is always right even if no one is doing it; Wrong is always wrong even if everyone is doing it!). We also love that our children our learning Latin - the foundation of many languages including English. It is taught in a meaningful way with an emphasis on Latin roots and English derivatives from the Latin. We are glad the school is expanding to start a new high school program!

Posted April 8, 2014

Whitefish Christian Academy (WCA) has been "home" for our son for eight years. The caliber of the teachers and staff is second to none. We hear from our son's teachers weekly but email and often in person. Our son is testing at college-level math in seventh grade! We attribute much of this success to the depth of involvement and genuine care taken by WCA. Additionally, the moral and ethical standards are exceptional! We highly recommend WCA to other parents due to its educational standards, character building of students and overall integrity of those involved with the school.

Posted April 8, 2014

WCA has been a blessing for us! Our son has a September birthday and I wish I would kept him out of school an extra year. He struggled learning to read and started hating school. In 2nd grade I had enough with public school and WCA allowed us to move him back to first grade with a teacher who specializes in reading development. When I came over on a Monday afternoon to talk to Mr. Kotila, he and another teacher stayed after school to get assessment testing done immediately for us. Our son wasn't thrilled about the idea of going back a grade so I asked him to have lunch with the class he'd be moving in to and when I brought him to WCA, the students had cards for him and were so encouraging that he wanted to go the next day, even if he had to go back to first grade again. The child who cried before school everyday turned into one eager to go to school and learn. This year he has been studying inventions with Mrs. Parrish, got to take a train ride to Essex, and is learning about mechanical engineering during an after school Lego Education class. It is amazing to be a part of a school that has state of the art technology, teachers, opportunities for family involvement.

Posted April 8, 2014

From the moment you step foot in the front door, you just get a great feeling, from the staff in the front office all the way down to the last classroom teacher. Their curriculum is phenomenal. I am 100% believer in the Classical Curriculum. My husband and I have 6 children, 4 are products of public schools and the youngest are at WCA. If I had to do it over again, they'd all be educated at WCA. CANNOT say enough good things about it. I thank God that we stumbled on this little gem when we moved here. Oh, and the parent involvement is amazing. Our children are surrounded by loving parents and teachers who care about them and their success as an individual spiritually, academically, and physically. What else could one ask for in a school.

Posted April 7, 2014

WCA is a wonderful school with amazing caring teachers. Each child is loved and prayed for and encouraged to do their best, both academically and morally. It is an asset to our community of Whitefish, MT.

Posted April 7, 2014

An amazing Christian classical-based education. It is more than a school, it is a family. Each child is individually nurtured and grows mentally, physically, spiritually and socially during their time at WCA. It is a blessing to able to attend such a wonderful institution.

Posted April 7, 2014

My kids came here for 2 years. Best school with great teachers, high academics, and incredible family and life values. I would give this school 100 stars if possible. The only reason my kids aren't there anymore is because we moved to a different state.

Posted July 17, 2013

We have three children at WCA and feel like this is the best place for them. After several bad experiences with our son and public school and trying to work with school counselors and parents who did not seem to want to help their children we thought about home schooling. I remembered seeing WCA and called and got more info. This school has been a true blessing to us. A child who used to cry before school every day now gets up early to be ready. All three of our children have flourished at WCA, as people and academically. The academic standard is so much higher than public school and all the children are expected to develop and mature in a good way, kindness, trustworthiness, honesty etc. are all taught and reinforced daily! The teachers at this school make less than public school teachers but love their jobs and LOVE my children. If you are looking to invest in the future of your child I would hightly recommend this school. Your child will be receiving a step up in life and be better prepared for college, trade school or any job later on!

Posted June 20, 2013

WCA is a hidden treasure. Our daughter struggled with reading in public school and has excelled in reading since transferring her to WCA. We were amazed as we watched this occur and she absolutely loves school and reading. She loved her teacher so much and her teacher was amazingly patient and helpful regarding various challenges we had with our daughter during the school year. We also love the Christian world view she is learning that we also try to teach at home. Our most important values are being reinforced. The school is worth every bit of sacrifice plus much more.

Posted April 29, 2012

I have been a Whitefish Christian Academy board member for nearly 5 years, and I am very proud of my affiliation. What I find most rewarding is how we get extraordinary results from normal kids. Whitefish Christian Academy s insistence on academic excellence, character development, and a Christian worldview has allowed many students to achieve where they often struggled in other schools. Gifted students routinely score several grade levels above their class. Whether it's Latin, history, math, or science, the school s use of the time honored Trivium model to work with a child s natural strengths has been extremely successful. Games, chants, drills, and frequent competitions make learning not only fun, but effective. While we are very proud of our academic achievements, Whitefish Christian Academy is also a wonderful small community of dedicated parents helping each other navigate through life s uncertainties. Lifetime friendships among parents are created here, where shared values tie families closely together. I highly encourage young families to visit with our headmaster to learn for themselves that truth, goodness, and beauty are more than just words on our school crest.

Posted April 27, 2012

WFCA is a terrific choice for any parent who is interested in investing in their childs future. The faculty is truly committed to the academic and character development of each student at the school. I would encourage you to call or come by the school to see the difference for yourself. My wife and I did two years ago and couldn't be happier with the enducation and nurturing our childern receive at WFCA.

Posted April 27, 2012

Our son attends WFCA and we have been so pleased with how much he has learned. The school is not only devoted to academics but they also put a lot of emphasis on character building.

Posted April 27, 2012

Love WCA!! The teachers are incredible and the academics are outstanding. My kids are excited to go to school each day. We moved from the south where we researched and visited private schools that can cost upwards of $18,000 a year per child and I really believe that WCA provides a stronger academic curriculum than any school we have seen. Also, socially speaking, we have experienced that the kids here are very accepting of new kids just an amazing group of kids. There is something really unique and exceptional about this school and I certainly feel blessed that my children have gotten the opportunity to attend.

Posted April 27, 2012

I highly recommend Whitefish Christian Academy to anyone who really cares about a quality, well-rounded education for their child(ren). Academically, this school rates higher than the public schools, and Godly character is emphasized as well. I am constantly amazed at the staff and the students. Science is one forte. The students always compete well at science fairs.

Posted April 26, 2012

As a father of three students of the school. I have been very pleased with the school. Our kids are receiving a first class education. Did you know that on average the students at WCA test 3 grades higher than the national average? Thank you WCA and all the wonderful teachers!

Posted April 26, 2012

We love WCA! Our daughter attended Muldown for kindergarten and 1st grade. We moved her to WCA because I felt that she was not getting challenged enough academically in the public school system. From the moment I met Mr. Kotila I felt at ease, he was a person I could trust with the education of my child. So we made the switch and I have not regretted it for a moment. I At WCA she has great teachers who do an excellent job of making her work hard, and she is learning Latin, how neat is that! They are taught values, such as honesty and kindess. They are accountable for their behavior and expected to treat people and property with respect. I can't say enough about how much I love this litte school, it is exactly what we needed for our daughter. We have to make some sacrifices to send her to school there, but we are committed to her getting the best possible education. Next year our son will also be attending. I know that some how we will make it work because our kids are the most important thing to us.

Posted April 26, 2012

All of my children have attended Whitefish Christian Academy from kindergarten on up, and I have been pleased with their education, both academically and spiritually. The school is a vibrant community of exceptional teachers and staff as well as involved parents. The school strives to create positive peer pressure, training students to encourage and uplift on another, instead of taunting or bullying. It is a well-rounded approach to training a child...academics are important, but character is equally important.

Posted August 29, 2011

This school is NOT accredited with the state of Montana, they DO NOT use state testing, they use a private Christian testing service. Most of the teachers DO NOT have Master's Degrees. They have allowed my son to enroll under a fake name, which is not allowed at public schools.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 0% 1%

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Art teacher(s)
College counselor(s)
Librarian/media specialist(s)
Math specialist(s)
Music teacher(s)
PE instructor(s)
Nurse(s)
Teacher aid/assistant teacher
Foreign languages spoken by school staff Japanese
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by a school official.

Special education / special needs

Level of special education programming offered
  • None - the school offers no services

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Math specialist(s)

• 8:15 am
School end time
  • 3:15 pm
  • Todd Kotila
Best ways for parents to contact the school
  • Phone
  • Coed
Boarding options
  • Day school
Is there an application process?
Affiliation
  • Christian
Associations
  • ACE
  • ACSI
Fax number
  • (406) 862-3515

Instructional and/or curriculum models used

• Classical (e.g., focuses on the "classics")
Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious
Bi-lingual or language immersion programs offered

Level of special education programming offered

Music
Performing arts
Media arts

Student clubs

Clubs (distinct from courses)

Photos

School culture

Dress Code
  • Uniforms
Bullying policy
  • This school has a bullying and/or cyber bullying policy in place.
  • Attend parent nights
  • Chaperone school trips
  • Coach sports teams or extracurricular activities
  • Join PTO/PTA
  • Organize fundraising events (school auction, bake sales, etc.)
  • Present special topics during curricular units
  • Serve on school improvement team or governance council
  • Volunteer in the classroom

This school accepts applications on a

rolling basis

Financial aid offered
School-based aid
Outside scholarships

Planning ahead

Students typically attend these schools after graduating
Whitefish High School