PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

They are supported by the school and the parents. This is huge because we work as a team to help each student. The parents and students are held accountable for their behavior so the teachers can effectively do their job.

Amount of homework: Agree

Each year the amount of homework goes up accordingly. The teachers are great about not stacking all the homework up on one night. Our oldest is in the 7th grade and has an appropriate amount of homework. There is also study hall after school if he needs more time.

Develops character: Strongly agree

WCA follows biblical teaching of which honesty and integrity are a huge part. Yes kids make mistakes, but when they do it is a "teaching moment" where parents, children and the staff all come together to correct the problem and help the child learn the right way to behave.

All three of our children attend WCA. The teachers are amazing and so dedicated to my children. All of our children tested at least three grades higher on their SAT tests, our 7th grader tested at a post highs chool level. We attribute this to the safe, effective learning environment created by WCA. And best of all our children get to experience the love of Christ every day at school. We could not be happier with the education they are receiving. They say the Pledge of Allegience every day and have a love of God and Country. Thank you Whitefish Christian Academy for teaching my children and helping me raise kind, smart, personable, God loving human beings.

The teachers at this school are there because they love each child, and it shows throughout the school. While it is an academically rigorous, classical school, the children seem to rise to the occasion consistently. The culture of the school includes significant parent involvement, peer pressure to be kind and do your best, and strong character building. The school sees their position as a partnership with the parents in the education of a child. I have found the administration friendly and welcoming if someone is interested in learning more. I had always planned to put my children in the public school until I really began researching the options. I now am a firm believer in the value of a classical, Christian education. It is astonishing the amount of information my children can memorize because they have been doing so from day one at the school. As they get older, they are learning to think critically and analytically, to present publically, and to articulate their position on a given subject. These academic tasks are being accomplished while good moral character is being reinforced daily. I appreciate that the lessons I teach at home are also being taught at school.

My husband and I are so thankful for a school like WCA for our children to attend. I send my boys to school knowing everyday the lessons and values we teach at home will be reinforced. It fills my heart with joy knowing the teachers love our boys. After researching classical education, I am certain it the way I want my children to be taught. It mirrors so much of what we already know and believe about parenting. I am excited that WCA is expanding to add a high school.

Whitefish Christian Academy is in the business of building fine minds in combination with outstanding character in a loving, Christian environment. Our headmaster is a dynamic, energetic and lovely man who inspires both staff and students to strive for their best and to achieve academic excellence. One example of this: the entire fourth grade class qualified for the county science fair this year! All students have the opportunity to give presentations regularly at the weekly chapel service which is excellent preparation for public speaking. Students are regularly recognized for doing the right thing towards others and are taught "chants" that promote high quality members of society (e.g., Right is always right even if no one is doing it; Wrong is always wrong even if everyone is doing it!). We also love that our children our learning Latin - the foundation of many languages including English. It is taught in a meaningful way with an emphasis on Latin roots and English derivatives from the Latin. We are glad the school is expanding to start a new high school program!

Whitefish Christian Academy (WCA) has been "home" for our son for eight years. The caliber of the teachers and staff is second to none. We hear from our son's teachers weekly but email and often in person. Our son is testing at college-level math in seventh grade! We attribute much of this success to the depth of involvement and genuine care taken by WCA. Additionally, the moral and ethical standards are exceptional! We highly recommend WCA to other parents due to its educational standards, character building of students and overall integrity of those involved with the school.

WCA has been a blessing for us! Our son has a September birthday and I wish I would kept him out of school an extra year. He struggled learning to read and started hating school. In 2nd grade I had enough with public school and WCA allowed us to move him back to first grade with a teacher who specializes in reading development. When I came over on a Monday afternoon to talk to Mr. Kotila, he and another teacher stayed after school to get assessment testing done immediately for us. Our son wasn't thrilled about the idea of going back a grade so I asked him to have lunch with the class he'd be moving in to and when I brought him to WCA, the students had cards for him and were so encouraging that he wanted to go the next day, even if he had to go back to first grade again. The child who cried before school everyday turned into one eager to go to school and learn. This year he has been studying inventions with Mrs. Parrish, got to take a train ride to Essex, and is learning about mechanical engineering during an after school Lego Education class. It is amazing to be a part of a school that has state of the art technology, teachers, opportunities for family involvement.

From the moment you step foot in the front door, you just get a great feeling, from the staff in the front office all the way down to the last classroom teacher. Their curriculum is phenomenal. I am 100% believer in the Classical Curriculum. My husband and I have 6 children, 4 are products of public schools and the youngest are at WCA. If I had to do it over again, they'd all be educated at WCA. CANNOT say enough good things about it. I thank God that we stumbled on this little gem when we moved here. Oh, and the parent involvement is amazing. Our children are surrounded by loving parents and teachers who care about them and their success as an individual spiritually, academically, and physically. What else could one ask for in a school.

Last modified Whitefish Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-8