No rating

Daniel J Gross Catholic High School

Private | 9-12 | 520 students

Student diversity

Living in Bellevue

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $94,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $810.

Posted September 11, 2011

By far the best value in Omaha. Daniel J Gross HIgh School has caring teachers who go beyond the expected to ensure students excel. I speak both as an alumni and a parent of a future Cougar

Posted May 4, 2011

Excellent Teachers who really care and are honest about what they think but don't try to lure students to thinking their way. This school is honestly a family. I will never ever forget the people and experiences that I have encountered here. These were, by far, the greatest four years of my life. And I have learned so much about life on a professional, intellectual, personal, spiritual, and social way that I cannot thank the school, fellow students, and faculty enough for what they have allowed me to do. The opportunites that this school can provide is like no other school. I will miss the teachers. But I am very prepared for the real world and to further expand my career and college plans.

Posted August 5, 2009

As a graduate of 2005, I can say that this school has prepared me a great deal for college. Currently, seeing people from different high schools made me realize how great Gross Catholic is. It is a great enviornment that is warm and friendly. You will love Gross High School.

Posted November 27, 2008

I am currently a freshman and I love this school. We have so many oppertunities and the staff is awesome. I feel like we are all one big family.

Posted March 19, 2007

As the parent of a Gross grad and current student I can certainly endorse DGCHS as a good option. Nice extracurriculars and even a marching band (rare at parochial schools). Downside? You will disappointed in very lax uniform & grooming codes (something uncharacteristic of most Catholic schools). The administration apparently does not support more traditional Catholic school uniforms, in spite of parental suggestions.

Posted September 21, 2004

I am proud to say that I am a alumni of this wonderful school. My son is now a Freshman and is having a great year. His teachers are all fabulous. Three of the teachers that he has right now were teachers of mine 20 plus years ago. What can you say about that. We are so happy that our son is enjoying his year so far, and we are very sure that our daughter will go there next year.

Arts & music

• NCEA

Instructional and/or curriculum models used

• Accelerated credit learning
  • Honors track
Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious