Bad
Good

My boyfriends children attend this school. The office staff is great and the kids enjoy their teachers however, my children attend Peter Sarpy and I feel that Peter Sarpy is much more organized. They use daily planners that you initial so you know what your children are doing each day and If they have homework. They also use Friday folders to send home weekly work and important papers that you also initial weekly. Two spring just seems to have the kids throw everything in their book bags. Also, when I drop his kids off the staff does not even help the children get out of the car. We had an ice day and the kids were slipping and falling. They didn't have any sand or icemelt out on the school sidewalks.

Develops character: Neutral

The CAT card system is a joke "rewarding good behavior" while turning a blind eye to blatant racist remarks by the children.

My daughter attended Two Springs for 2 years. I only gave it this high of a rating because of her Kindergarten teacher Mrs. Alff who was wonderful. Her second teacher was dreadful, the first grade teacher spent more time at home because her children were sick or dealing with her pregnancy. My daughter often came home without homework and actually regressed during there year spent with the teacher(EM). The school deserves this rating because they willingly chose to employ the teacher.

Develops character: Strongly agree

This school encourages kids to be accountable for their actions and rewards students positive behavior thru the use of CAT cards. Any time a student displays positive behavior they are given a note from the staff.

We just finished two years at this school. This school was such a blessing!!! The secretary Ms. Maryanne took us for a tour right before school started and took her time reassuring my girls that they would love it here. She did NOT disappoint!!!! She helped me find teachers that were suited best for my girls' personalities and the teachers and staff were nothing short of welcoming and made us feel right at home!!! For first and fourth grade we had Mrs. Schmeckpeper and Mrs. Robinson. For grades fifth and second we had Mrs. Robinson and Ms. Adams. Being a military family who has to move frequently it is hard to watch my girls venture into new and unknown territory. To all the amazing staff and teachers that we were blessed to know from the bottom of my heart I want to say 'Thank you'! You instantly took us in as family and I can never express enough how much we were truly blessed to be a part of the Two Springs Family!!! We will miss y'all so much! Sincerely, Jen L. Matak

Love the teachers, principal and support staff. My children's needs are more than being met. Now the question of why the school has a 4/10 rating is pretty simple. The testing includes EVERY single student even those with extreme special needs and Two springs accomidates many of those students. Many students are in fact sent Two Springs over other school.

This school is more than we could have dreamed for as a military family moving every few years. The staff and teacher have been amazing and flexible to meet the needs of our 6th grade type 1 diabetic. I'm not sure how the 4 out of 10 rating came to be, but I'd rate this one a 10.5.

I second another reviewer who stated not to trust the 4/10 rating. Two of my children attended this school for three years. Everything from the persons at the front desk who greet you upon entering, the fabulous teachers and the wonderful parents make this school top notch. Each teach my children had genuinely cared about the kids and made the school experience a good one! I would not hesitate for a minute to recommend this school to anyone I know. I personally was not involved with the PTA (but a close friend was) and they are very involved with taking every opportunity to improve the school. There are many functions in which both parents and children can be involved. There are books and donuts mornings where donuts and juice are served and parents come with their children before school and read with them - my kids loved this and it was wonderful seeing so many parents. There is also a great carnival at least once a year. There are many opportunities for parents to be involved. We have since moved and our new schools are no where near as wonderful as Two Springs. This school will always hold fond memories for both my children and me.

Don't just look at the Great Schools rating. I was nervous sending my son here because of the rating it had on this site but we decided to try it since it's our assigned school. I'm SO glad we went to Two Springs. The kids learn so much but does it's taught in a fun way. My son loves school and brags to his sister that he gets to go and she just gets to stay home and play. His test scores are all above average or advanced so succeeding on the test side of things is certainly attainable here, despite the school's lower Great Schools rating indicates. The PTO has a lot of great activities and fundraisers that parents can get involved in. The principal is very approachable and the kids and teachers seem to really like him. The school focuses a lot on positive behavior programs which I love. The kids aren't afraid of doing something wrong because they will be punished but they WANT to do the right thing because that behavior is celebrated. I think the front office could do a better job of communicating events with more advance notice but I think improved communication is a common complaint in any organization so I don't feel it's bad enough to take a star away from my rating.

This is a case where the Great Schools rating of 4 does not accurately reflect the excellence of this school. My son struggled with reading and his reading in a 6 month period changed drastically thanks to his teacher and reading specialist they assigned him. He also has daily medical needs and I never worry about him while he is at school because they take such good care of him. Unfortunately we are moving and I am using Great Schools to help find a new home in a new town but I wouldn't of picked a home near this school due to it's school rating. So sad I would of missed a wonderful school and I would send my kids here over and over again.

Last modified Two Springs Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.