Bad
Good

Posted February 17, 2014
This school is unique in every way. I couldn't be more proud to be Thunderbird. The teachers at this school actually CARE about the students. I'm currently a student at West in my junior year. While my friends that attend other schools are stressing about their junior year, basically drowning in their grades and homework, I'm loving it thanks to my teachers. I'm involved in Advance Placement classes and these teachers make school enjoyable. I stumbled upon this site doing homework for my English class. Homework that I was deeply invested in. I'm also involved in the choir program and, not exaggerating, we have been labeled the best choir and show coir in Nebraska. Vocals at this school are very strong and the teachers create a family-like environment which keeps me coming back to the room 424. Some of my best friends are in the band and they are phenomenal. ROTC, DECA, FBLA, NHS, sports, academics, and SO much more are offered at this school. Even a model airplane club and robotics club- there's something for everyone! I'm very proud of my school and that's not something every teen says. If you get the chance to enroll at Bellevue West, you won't regret it. Ever.

Posted December 11, 2010
I sadly only got to attend one year at this amazing school. And having moved every year of High School to different schools, this was by far the best school I've ever been enrolled in. All of my teachers were amazing, they knew how to teach in a way that actually made me want to work and do my homework, which is always a good thing. The teachers actually treated the students like high schoolers rather than Middle Schoolers like my other schools did. The lunch was absolutely amazing, the building was nice, clean and so much better than your average high school. Everything about this school I loved. Students who currently attend, don't know how lucky they really are to get to go to that school that provides their students everything they could want or need. Perhaps in comparison to my other schools (that were in the south) BW just seems so much better, but if that's the case then, children who don't appreciate BW, should attend one of my other high schools and realize how good they've got it.

Posted November 03, 2009
Okay im a military kid and ive attended many different schools. Last year i attended west and it is hands down the best school ive ever gone to! the school im going to now doesnt even compare. The way west is set up its virtually impossible not to be involved in school activities. I was very involved in rotc, choir, and theater and those teachers were some of the best ive ever had. All i can say is that if you have the opportunity to go to bellevue west, you are extremely lucky and make the most of the opportunity

Posted October 17, 2009
My school has so many great people in it and the teachers are amazing. They will do anything to help of their students succeed.

Posted May 25, 2009
My son went to Bellevue west for all four years and recieved a great education. The teachers' main concerns are for the students and not what is the latest trend. Plenty of activities to pick from, and great art and music programs. They welcome parental involvement and have plenty of opportunities for parents to help out. Love this school!

Posted May 02, 2009
I am currently a junior attending bellevue west. It has deffinatly prepared me for the long road ahead. The people and staff are great, and acidemics are amazing. Not to mention the phenominal athletics! I love my high school.

Posted April 01, 2009
As both a parent of 3 graduates and a current Senior at Bellevue West as well as an alumnus myself, I can't say enough good things about this school and the Bellevue Public Schools in general. The school offers a unique social atmosphere that can meet the needs of just about every student. The academics, arts, and extra curricular activities at the school are some of the best in the nation. Your child will be challenged on all levels and in every aspect of high school life. If your student wants to succeed, this is the place to do it.

Posted August 24, 2008
I'm currently a Senior at Bellevue West, and I feel our school is definitely preparing me for college. We have multiple Advanced Placement classes as well as Advanced classes. The teachers are great, and the athletic programs here are phenomenal for both boys and girls. Every year basketball, football, volleyball, among other activities, are state powerhouses.

Posted April 10, 2008
I will keep this short and sweet, a wonderful school with great academics, extra curricular programs and from the ones that I have met, great dedicated teachers. My only gripe would be that the kids do not get a healthy lunch menu and do not have long enough to enjoy a lunch, my teenager along with others often complain that they did not eat lunch due to not having enough time!

Posted March 14, 2008
As a recent graduate and attendee of the University of Nebraska at Lincoln, Metropolitan Community College, and Peru State College, I can easily say that Bellevue West prepared me overly well for college. I was heavily involved in West's music department, and find it to rival, if not put to shame, the three colleges that I've attended thus far. The show choir, the West Connection, is the best in the state, including UNL's Big Red Singers. I could not have been more prepared for college. This school has outstanding vocal and instrumental music, theatre, DECA, and ROTC departments. The athletics are always ranking highly if they aren't taking state. I really hope to teach at this amazing school someday. The staff is just fantastic.

1501 Thurston Ave, Bellevue, NE  68123
Last modified Bellevue West Sr High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bellevue West Sr High School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top