Posted March 04, 2014
Bertha Barber is the perfect small school. With only one class per grade their is more one on one involvement and attention to detail. Teachers get to know students and vice versa. The PTA is fabulous, the staff are very accommodating and willing to help out with any situation or project that arises. Between my two kids I have been a parent member of this school for over 8 years and I think it gets better every year!

Posted January 30, 2013
This is the second school that my children have attended in the Bellevue area and I love this school. I love that it is a smaller school, the teachers are very nice, and best of all my kids love going to school here. School is rich in History as well.

Bertha Barber Elementary School 1

Posted June 18, 2012
My son has been enrolled at Bertha Barber for Kinderdergaten readiness during the summer, just to keep him involved with school before beginning Kindergarten. I'm sad to say that I have been disappointed with BB thus far. My son asked his teacher to use the restroom during recess, she refused him, and he ended up having an accident; the "free" breakfast is insulting, as well and the breafast staff; the teachers are only to release the children when their parents arrive, but on two different occasions, I have not even made it out of my car before my son is standing at the sidewalk on the other side of the street. In addition to all this, I must say that diversity is severely lacking at this school. This was something that was key to my growing up in a military community and Bellevue Schools since the 2nd grade. I want to afford my child that opportunity as well. Overall, I would not reccommend BB at all. But please don't allow this one schools faults steer you away from Bellevue Public Schools all together. BPS is fantastic...you just have to find your and your child(rens) sweet spot!

Posted January 18, 2012
This school is a hidden gem in the Bellevue community. Top notch all the way...the staff, from teachers to custodians to support staff, are amazing!! My two sons have had a wonderful experience at Bertha Barber, and I would never send them anywhere else in Bellevue....we are completely satisfied with the teachers and the curriculum. Super school!!!

Bertha Barber Elementary School 2

Posted August 22, 2011
This school would be great academically if they could control their bullying and not be in such denial. I confronted the teacher numerous times about the child bullying mine and all the was done was sitting the child against the wall. There were numerous things they did that only made the situation worse and didn't admit to me that anything was going on until my child came home and I finally got out of him what was wrong. I went to the principal and she interrupted me every chance, talked over me and then insinuated that my child doesn't know the difference between bullying and not wanting play with the other child anymore. I pretty much got the "say what the parent wants to hear and then throw it out with the rest of the complaints."

Bertha Barber Elementary School 3

Posted June 29, 2007
My child has attended Kindergarten and post-Kindergarten summer school at Bertha Barber so far, and to date, I am pleased with his educational achievement. In my experience so far, the quality of educators and paraprofessional staff at Bertha Barber is quite impressive. They are a very dedicated and caring staff. The cost of hot lunch provided by the school is very reasonable, and the menu is adequately varied for both a child's taste and their parents' nutritional concerns. The only thing I would be happy to see more of at Bertha Barber is a greater parental involvement in such things as the school's PTA and its activities.

Bertha Barber Elementary School 1

Posted May 03, 2005

Bertha Barber Elementary School
1402 Main St, Bellevue, NE  68005
Last modified Bertha Barber Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bertha Barber Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top