Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

I have a lot of love for LeMay and one bad comment. First the good Kindergarten through 1st grade kids get 3 recesses, and my third grader gets 2. The amount of recess time gets smaller as you go up in grade, but I was really pleased with that aspect. And if you get a really great teacher they also do "Let's Dance videos" or exercise in their own classrooms. Second great aspect is they evaluate children at the beginning of the year for there proficiency in reading and math. Then they group similar abilities through the whole grade, with other similar abilities. So if your child needs more help, they will get more help. Or if they need material beyond their grade level, they will be challenged appropriately. I thought it was wonderful that my children were given exactly the kind of material that would challenge them appropriately. I have had children in the school from K-3rd, and I have loved all the teachers but one. They have been calm and appropriate with expectations of my children both academically and emotionally. The principal is Mr. Miller and he has been very receptive to me when I have had concerns. And the PTA is awesome and has so much community involvement and just fun activities for all the kids. They regularly give all the kids in the school a free book after the book fairs, and always have book it competitions, and other ways to earn community sports game tickets. My negative review is this. We had one very strict teacher that has apparently bounced around to all grade levels at the school. And even though she has had parent complaints again and again, still remains there. This teacher is very strict and makes children 'run laps' if their parent doesn't sign their planner, or if they are two questions away from completing a worksheet will take all recesses away for a little mistake. My child once lost out on recess for a whole week because he couldn't find his take home folder. My child started having nightmares and saying he didn't want to go to school because he was so afraid he would get one little thing wrong and be punished. He had been challenged and doing multiplication and division in second grade, was bored, anxious and distracted, doing subtraction in third grade, until I bought it up to the teacher several times, in the 2nd quarter he was finally challenged. My review is positive depending on the teacher.

Effective school leaders: Agree

Principal was prompt and straight forward when I had concerns.

Develops character: Agree

They have some good programs about empathy and being a kind/good student. And each child gets to put their hand print permanently on the school wall.

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

I love all the teachers, but our third grade strict teacher as mentioned in the main comment section.

Amount of homework: Agree

There was no homework in kindergarten. 1st grade depend on the teacher you get. 2nd grade was usually a sheet or two for the week, and 3rd grade is a sheet a day, and then a packet due each week. I wish it was less for 3rd graders, but I also think that was specific teachers goal, and it wasn't unbearable.

Very satisfied with this school's curriculum, teachers, facilities, programs and principal. I would recommend to others.

Great school. love Mr. Chism.He is a great principal. I have two boys that go to this school and I have no complaints.

I have been very disappointed with this school since we moved to the area. My child has an IEP in place, but I'll be darned if I have seen it be of any help. I have yet to see my child be happy or be challenged to his full potential there. Unless I contact the teacher with concerns, I never hear anything on my child's progress unless it's time for conferences. I am considering moving him to a new school if not at the beginning of the new year, then by the start of the next school year.

LeMay is great! I had students attending there for 10 years and it is a wonderful school with great parent involvement, great teachers and is just a well-run school.

Last modified Lemay Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.