Bellevue, NE

Peter Sarpy Elementary School 1

Posted October 13, 2014
My child attended the summer program and we made the decision to switch schools. We had very little communication with the teacher including when my son was kicked so hard in the face by another child that it left a bruise. My 5 year old was even released without me being there, (I was 3 minutes late as I was in a parent/teacher conference). Staff had no idea where he was as they were chatting with one another instead of making sure children were finding their parents. Thankfully a friend found my son wandering around and brought him to me. The principal assured me it wouldn't happen again, yet my child continued to be released without any supervision while the staff chatted away. Luckily I wasn't late again! The fact that there is no playground for some of the children is horrible.

Posted August 20, 2014
We had 3 children at this school and had great teachers for the most part. The music teacher was very rude/not friendly. The office staff were absolutely HORRIBLE!! Unwelcoming, rude, mean to the kids, just had a very negative air about them. We were there before the new principal came and I have heard good things about him. The after school care was also horrible, the teacher actually physically abused my children and at least one other child (that I witnessed), the administration did not take it seriously and it happened repeatedly, until I withdrew my children.

Posted August 17, 2014
It has the potential to be great because there are some really good and caring teachers but the administration needs a wake up call. I am glad we switched out of this school. I didn't not feel it was challenging for my child at all. The "re-teaching" policy is absurd and it does nothing to teach the kids responsibility, or accountability. The grading system of " S, S+ AD" did not clearly define if objectives were met and they use it all the way through 6th grade. The principal is very unprofessional and inexperienced when addressed about multiple things. There is no playground for children to play on above the 2nd grade level. The technology is lacking if the students even utilizes the computer lab for anything other than testing. Due to the multiple entry and exit points the kids use daily without adult supervision I often questioned the safety of their practice. The PTA is more concerned about fund-raising for books in the classrooms/library/staff appreciation more than anything else for the kids.

Posted August 01, 2013
I have had 4 children attend this school and I have had no complaints. The teachers were wonderful and communicated very well. The front desk staff (mrs. Kula and mrs. Pam) were always helpful and very friendly. The last year my sons were there a new principle took over. All I can say is that he made sure to listen to my concerns and tried to help us. The only problem I have with Peter sarpy is that I could not take it with me when we moved to Las Vegas. The school system here truly makes me miss it.

Posted May 27, 2013
Peter Sarpy Elementary has been a nurturing environment for both of my boys. Mrs. Hall and Mrs. Swanson are caring teachers who bring out the best in their students and keep a close eye on all their students. Having two boys, they've had a few scuffles and between their teachers, the principal and the counselor, the scuffles have stopped. Both of my boys are above average students who are energetic and need to be kept busy. Mrs. Hall and Mrs. Swanson are very good at engaging the minds of their students and keeping them busy and out of mischief. I am very pleased with Peter Sarpy, from the welcoming smiles of the front office staff to the teachers, counselors and principal. Peter Sarpy is a wonderful school and they really care about all their students.

Posted January 19, 2013
The teachers do not really communicate with the parents of children that they feel are constant trouble makers. If there is a troubled child, there are programs set in place to help but with the removal of the child from the learning environment, therefore the child doesn't learn. Through meetings with staff regarding the issues with my child, he was included in on the meetings and then almost placed on a pedestal and badgered instead of asked, how he could help solve the problems that he was having. Then I was asked if he could be checked out by a doctor to be analyzed and placed on medication. WOW! I cannot wait to move away from here and have my children attend a school that cares about teaching the child ways to solve there problems vs. disguising the issue, just to move them on to the next grade. So far as the principle, everyone is a friend and there is no clear defined line/role.

Posted October 13, 2009

Posted August 27, 2009
I wish I could pack Peter Sarpy School and it's teachers and bring it along with me when we move. My girls are 10 and 7, the youngest being a special needs child who requires lots of special education class time and the teachers to go along with it. The programs are just wonderful and the staff and principal are irreplaceable!!

Posted April 18, 2008
My two daughters (ages 5 and 112) attend Peter Sarpy and I love it! the pre-school program is wonderful too!

Peter Sarpy Elementary School 4

Posted February 06, 2008

Peter Sarpy Elementary School
2908 Vandenberg Ave, Bellevue, NE  68123
Last modified Peter Sarpy Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Peter Sarpy Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top