Bellevue, NE

Posted January 23, 2013
Excellent school. We have been here w/ 3 children for 7 years with 1 more year after this to go. Teachers are exceptional, class sizes are about 20-22-1 and childern get individual attention. This is our 3rd principal- first and last are GREAT..second was "offered" to retire. Current one of 2 years is a good communicator w/ clear expectations & communicates well w/ children and parents alike--has clear expectations for behavior and does not bend b/c children want to do their own thing. Teachers know individual children's strengths and communicate as needed & if need remediaton. Before & after care great!!Safe and nurturing environment as well...many extra curricular activities , DARE and music program are standouts.....

Posted February 07, 2011
As a military family the transition to this new school was seamless. The school has a great plan for enabling students PCSing in mid year to quickly adjust to their new surroundings. My son is in the 3rd grade and his teacher does a wonderful job of keeping us posted on his progress. I couldn't be happier with my choice to send him to Leonard Lawrence!

Posted April 08, 2010
Our children attended LL for 3 years and we were sad to move. The principal, teachers, and staff were wonderful. We had no issues with safety, you should not drop off your children too early if you are not going to stay and supervise, they have Kids Time (before and after school day care) for parents who need it. Mrs. Frye is a consistant, positive principal who runs the school very well. She SHOULD be the person in charge, not every child's friend. We will use this school as our gauge in all of our schools and hope we find one that comes close!

Posted July 04, 2007
- a former student

Posted April 25, 2006
My daughter has attended Leonard Lawrence since first grade (she is in 5th now) and it saddens me that we are moving and she will not get to do her last year there. Leonard Lawrence is an exceptional elementary school with excellent teachers and great programs. There are plenty of extracurricular activity options and many fun family activities such as free ice cream socials and an annual carnival. This is truely a great school and a great school district that cares about their children!

Posted February 16, 2006
Leonard Lawrence is a wonderful school filled with a wonderful staff. I know that my kids are safe and loved and challenged intellectually. As a parent, I feel welcome anytime and the teachers we've had so far have been nothing but honest and they truly want the best for 'our' kids. The PTA does fantastic and fun things for the kids...more than PTA's at other schools I know. We are in the process of possibly moving, and we are going to do everything in our power to keep our kids at this school. We love it!

Posted February 02, 2005
This is a fantastic school with a caring teachers and organized staff. I was really impressed with the front office staff efficiency while I made the mid-year transition for my Kindergartener and 2nd grader. Both were warmly welcomed into the school - which made me feel greatful that I had chosen this school. The teachers are compassionate and inspiring.

Posted July 13, 2004
In my 9-year experience as a social worker, this is one of the best schools I have ever worked with. The staff are energetic, compassionate, and committed to the growth and development of their students. Support services are comprehensive, and evaluation of special education needs is the most thorough I have ever encountered. The high quality of the school starts at the top, with a principal whose concern for his students is obvious.

Posted April 19, 2004
My child attended this school during his Kindergarten & first grade years. I was very impressed with his teachers, the curriculum, and the family atmosphere at the school. The PTA was very active. They encouraged parental involvement at the school. Having moved to a DoDDS school in Germany, my son's time at LL prepared him extremely well- he had no problems with the transition.

Posted August 31, 2003
Leonard Lawrence has everything a parent would want for their child's education. The curriculum for each grade is on par with a private school and includes Music, Art, Spanish, Sign Language, etc. The teacher's are well-respected by students and parents alike. Leonard Lawrence has an amazing Principal, Mr. Ron Giller. He knows the name and face of every one of the 505 students. He has lunch one day a week with selected pupils from each grade. When the principal has that high a level of commitment and interest in the students, the teachers follow his example. What results, is the best education you can get for your child.

Leonard Lawrence Elementary School
13204 South 29th St, Bellevue, NE  68123
Last modified Leonard Lawrence Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Leonard Lawrence Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top