Posted August 18, 2013
I attended Blair High School and felt totally prepared for college. Even though I have a learning disability, I was able to learn along side my peers and was given an opportunity to get help on homework, take extra time on quizzes and tests, and improve my reading skills with a special education teacher one block every other day. The sped teacher is outstanding. She not only helped me in my current classes, she helped me make drastic improvements in my reading skills.

Posted August 01, 2013
Blair High is an excellent school. BHS performs very well academically, is consistently one of the best-ranked schools for athletics in its conference, and has an outstanding fine arts department, with some of the state's largest (and most successful) band and vocal music programs. With a student population of around 700 and now growing, Blair High School offers a variety of AP and Dual Enrollment classes, and boasts one of the highest composite ACT Scores in the entire state. This school draws in many students in from neighboring districts and is as competitively excellent as its rival high schools in the Omaha suburbs, such as Elkhorn and Gretna.

Posted May 05, 2013
I have had four children in the Blair school system. Two have graduated. One of my children has a learning disability and we were very pleased with accommodations made by classroom teacher (particularly in physical science and the English dept.). The resource teacher worked one block out of eight with him, and she team-taught his English class. The support he was given was exceptional. My other children do not have IEP's. They are also taught and challenged at an impressive level. We have been extremely impressed with the band and vocal music department. They are top notch in the state. We moved to Blair eight years ago and I hope all our children can graduate from this great high school. I highly recommend Blair High School. I'm sorry that other parents did not have the same experience that we had.

Posted May 04, 2013
Blair High School is a great place. The teachers care about their students and when I graduated, I was prepared for college. Most students from BHS go to college, so the school has high academic standards.

Blair High School 2

Posted December 20, 2012
I have one child that graduated from Blair and another still in school. Academically, Blair HS is above average. They offer many options for coursework, including AP classes. Overall they challenge the students. The special education department is almost non-existent. Both my children had IEPs and neither found much support from the special ed department. Sped receives no support from the administration and the classroom teachers do what they want (or don't). Unless the child has a visible disability (blind, crippled, etc.) they don't address their needs. Sports are also a sore spot. Athletes are chosen not for their ability or potential, but for who their older siblings are (or were) or who their parents are (not financially, but longevity in the community). Coming in from another state, we have never really been welcomed, and this in very evident in the athletics department. This is an attitude typical for small towns, but we were surprised at the "nepotism" at this school, especially given the number of high tech companies in the area and the influx of people working there. We will be seeking another school for our younger child next year.

Blair High School 1

Posted April 15, 2010
I would never send my kids to Blair Schools becaues they don't know on how to teach anything at all to people with disabilities they act ike you are 2 days old I would never send my kids thereI would rather homeschool them for ever

Blair High School 0

Posted April 14, 2010
Outstanding in every respect! I am so pleased from k-12 perspective. I would highly recommend this district and community to everyone!

Blair High School 2

Posted February 24, 2010
Some of the teachers are very, very good but overall it is a very mediocre school district. There are teachers there who shouldn't be teaching or who are just waiting for retirement and let you know that every chance they get. We have had three children go through the district and we have always felt that they have excelled inspite of the district, definitely not because of the district. One child wanted to be able to do independent research senior year on the Middle East and its relationship with the rest of the world and was turned down because he hadn't taken 'Nebraska Studies' as a freshman. This same young adult is currently finishing up his masters in International Politics with a specially in the Middle East at a University out on the east coast.

Blair High School 0

Posted May 28, 2009
The administration and teachers at Blair HIgh School are to be commended! This is a first-rate school that is lead by first-rate people. Parents who choose to find negative aspects in the administration and teachers need to first look at their parental skills. It all starts in the home!

Posted December 08, 2008
The parents and teachers have mad this an outstanding school. The administration seems to have other than academic priorities.

Blair High School
440 North 10th St, Blair, NE  68008
Last modified Blair High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Blair High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top