Elkhorn, NE
Before care: Yes

Posted October 18, 2014
Scary is an understatement. Under a Catholic school the better word would be sacrilegious. As a parent who sacrifices to support my children's education in a Catholic school both monetarily and by volunteering, I am getting very tired of being asked to donate to fund raisers to pay for things that all of a sudden the school just has to have. Not small amounts for some of them..$40,000 for an assessment tool? Why is that not going to the activity center fund? Does the principal have to get approval by the parish leaders for this? Does he have full access to funds as well? Nothing is ever explained nor is input allowed from parents. My family was coaxed to St Pats on the premise that it was an awesome school that has received many academic awards and that they teach as Jesus did. I don't remember Jesus asking his apostles who were poor fisherman for a constant intake of cash. We live out our faith by following the call of the church to be our children's "first educators", only to find out that we are not allowed to be in the school unless we are a handpicked volunteer, and being bled dry with no input allowed. Is greed and notoriety what the church wants to represent?

Posted October 16, 2014
The principal at St. Patrick's is a scary, scary man whose priorities are backwards. The staff members are hard working individuals who unfortunately are being led by an incompetent individual that thrives on his power. He has fostered an environment amongst his staff that pits people against each other and compete to be his pet. It is wrong and I would NEVER subject my children to an education under his watch. It's time to wake up St. Pat's!

Posted July 18, 2014
As a current staff member, I can attest to the overall wonderful nature of St. Patrick's School. The openness and support of the administration encourages staff members to continue becoming educated in the current trends in education by providing in- service, workshops or sending teachers to conferences to stay abreast of current educational research .Yes, teaching at St. Pat's is demanding but that is due to the extremely high expectations that demonstrates how invested teachers are in the growth of the children in the classroom. However with the guidance of an exceptional principal the staff is willing to do whatever it takes to educate all children whether in preschool or middle school. Simply put, St. Patrick's staff CARE deeply about the education of the children and families it serves.

Posted July 13, 2014
My children have had the wonderful opportunity to attend St. Patrick's Catholic School. While attending St. Pat's not only did they receive a top notch education, but they were given life long lessons. Teachers, staff, and administrators have created a Christ centered environment at St. Patrick's that can be felt the moment you walk through the front doors. Family is the word that I would use to describe how this learning community treats each and every student in this school. I have had the pleasure of seeing first hand the dedication that the teachers and staff display every day to ensure that each child's needs are met. I have had the opportunity to visit many schools, both public and private. In my opinion, there is no school better than St. Patrick's. Any school can teach a child to read and write. What sets St. Patrick's apart from the others is that they teach the whole child. Their goal is to not only prepare each student to be the best academically that they can be, but they are also preparing them to be the best person that they can be. St. Pat's engages the spiritual, emotional, and physical side of each student as well as the academic.

Posted June 10, 2014
Read the negative reviews; SPOT ON! Notice the date and when positive reviews are posted; after a negative review. A committee asks for staff, students, parents to build up reviews. A strategic marketing ploy. There were more negative reviews, but the school requested them removed because staff/principal names were used. St. Pats has good teachers & programs, but is buried in a system of bureaucracy & admin failures. Middle school teacher & student turnover is high. If admin would work on addressing parent, teacher & student concerns, St. Pats would increase enrollment and have a full building. Instead, they use marketing ploys of surveys, Blue Ribbon Awards, and Advanced Ed status to gain new students, while maintaining a REGULAR flow of students leaving St. Pats. Parents ARE involved! Every after school activity is run by parents, not staff. St. Pats has closed door approach. Parents are NOT allowed to assist classes, reading/math groups or read to a class.You can't walk your child to class. You stop at the front door. You are NOT welcome to stop in before/after school & discuss a concern. Send an email; WAIT. Good luck reaching a teacher by phone. They leave after lot dismissal.

Posted April 29, 2014
St. Patrick's truly is "home" for my children and our whole family! The quality of the staff and the loving atmosphere are the perfect combination for learning not only from the text books, but about how to live your life with integrity and as a faith filled person! I absolutely can't imagine sending my children anywhere else, and they can't imagine being anywhere else!

Posted April 29, 2014
St. Patrick's Catholic School has been a blessing for my family. They treat every single child like their own and they never make you feel like you are just a number. The children are the most well behaved children I have ever seen and they truly live everyday making sure they follow Jesus' teachings. They challenge the children so they make sure the kids are always working towards their very best potential. I love going to all school massss with the children because I always leave there with goosebumps and a huge sense of comfort and pride. My husband and I know the morals and values we have worked so hard instilling in our children are being mimicked in the classroom and there is no greater joy to is than that. We thank God everyday that he opened up this door for us to enter St. Patrick's Catholic School!

Posted September 11, 2013
I would highly recommend St. Patrick's school! I have had 3 children attending here since 2004 and have been amazed by the compassionate and caring teachers, staff and principal. The teachers and teacher assistants have met the variety of my children's needs with expertise and grace. St. Patrick's is unique in that they have a TEAM program which consists of 3 teachers who provide extra support for those students who need it. I have come to know the K-1, 2-4, and grades 5-8 TEAM staff over the years. They have always provided just the right support for my son. While some instruction was provided in small pull-out groups, much of the instruction has come from the TEAM teacher co-teaching in the classroom with the regular classroom teacher. This co-teaching approach has allowed my son to be included with his peers and reach his full potential. He has made tremendous growth over the years.

Posted September 11, 2013
Both of my children have graduated from St. Pat's. With my youngest now a freshman and taking honors classes in high school I felt compelled to let others know how St. Pat's can fully prepare your child to be a success. My children feel confident spiritually, academically and socially and they haven't always felt that way. The staff and leadership at St. Pat's made my kids aware that while we are going to make mistakes, we can always learn from those mistakes and become a better person because of it. My kids don't need to be the most popular in high school, nor do they need to be the smartest or the prettiest. They were taught that they are awesome just as they are. I hear from my kids on a regular basis how grateful they are for "this" teacher or "that" teacher they have had at St. Pat's. And the leadership at St. Pat's continues to expect only the best from their teachers...if they aren't getting a 100% commitment to all that the students need, it is ensured that will happen. I am grateful that my kids had the opportunity to attend a school like St. Pat's.

Posted March 28, 2013
Archdiocese Academic Decathlon 2013 8th Grade Team - 1st Place 7th Grade Team - 3rd Place 6th Grade Team - 1st Place 5th Grade Team - 2nd Place 4 Robotics Teams qualified for Worlds Competition in California 1st Place Creighton Prep Math Competition ...and all in the last month!

St. Patrick's Catholic School
20500 W Maple Rd, Elkhorn, NE  68022
Last modified St. Patrick's Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St. Patrick's Catholic School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 39 reviews. Top