Elkhorn, NE

Elkhorn High School 1

Posted May 04, 2012
Elkhorn schools does not respect parent input. They lack strong leadership. They have build new schools that are already overcrowded. They hire more teacher aides than teachers. Students are not treated with respect.

Posted July 04, 2010
Omaha Nebraska is a very successful, healthy, American mid-western city. Spreading west from Illinois, unions and socialism were stopped in their tracks here. As a result, Nebraska consistently had some low unemployment scores. In some comments I sense jealousy, intimidation and a desire for "social justice" where there should be American pride. This school is outstanding. I am a former student of this school. I transferred from a school in the south that was in the throws of busing students. Today nothing has changed there, that school gets a Great School rating of 2.

Posted January 21, 2008

Elkhorn High School 3

Posted January 16, 2008
i used to be a student at elkhorn high. i have since transferred halfway through my junior year to a small school past Fremont. Some of the education programs are great. The science, japanese, and shop classes are all taught quite well. But some of Elkhorn High's Math and English teachers seem to care less if you passed the class or not.

Posted July 05, 2007

Elkhorn High School 4

Posted March 27, 2007
I am a parent of a soon to be graduate. Not only has my career seen our family move from TX, to PA(twice), to CA, and now NE in the last 10 years, but I went to the same high school all 4 years. I will submit that Elkhorn, by far, has been the most involved from a post-graduation standpoint and guided my son to the right activities for the continuance of his education. Like most high school boys however, including myself once upon a time, if left to their own devices, overachieving to better position themselves for the future comes in a distant 4th place behind girls, sports, or simply fun. Hence, no matter how poor or great the system is structured for your child to succeed, it is the responsibility of each and every parent to ensure their child is prepared for life after the innocence of high school.

Posted April 06, 2005
- a former student
I would have to say the last post smelled of sour grapes, and for reasons unknown. I transferred into Elkhorn in 8th grade. I was not wealthy by any means. I was friends with kids of all backgrounds - jocks, drama, journalism, SOC, some were considered 'cool' and some were not. Teachers were very demanding, but very supportive. I would send my child to EHS in a heartbeat.

Posted December 07, 2004
I think that Elkhorn Schools are fantastic. The Parents are involved, administration is enthusiastic and in control, facilities are exceptional, and the teachers are great. Having had three kids graduate from Elkhorn and a third there now, I couldn't have been more pleased with all the school has done.

Posted October 12, 2004
I have had three children go through the entire Elkhorn School System and would highly recommend it to anyone. The high school has a normal student body with kids who are seen as more popular than others--that's high school. Teachers are fair and don't care who has money. Great school!

Posted October 12, 2004
- a former student
I am a recent graduate of elkhorn high school and still have another sibling attending. I have lived elkhorn for about 10 years and played sports year round for the elkhorn antlers all four years I attended. I am willing to admit that my family is not one of the wealthy ones by far. but i still got a great education and got along with all the adminstration and staff. There may be some cliques but those soon diminish and everyone begins to hang out with everyone. It is a great school with a great student body and awesome facilities. My other sibling still attending the school is loving it and is glad she/he still has another year to attend. Everybody in the elkhorn community is very involved one way or another with the school and very friendly with one another as well. If I could go back I would.

Elkhorn High School
1401 Veterans Dr, Elkhorn, NE  68022
Last modified Elkhorn High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Elkhorn High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top