Fort Calhoun High School 0

Posted October 12, 2010
Both my children graduated from Fort calhoun and bothhad good experienceswhile in school there. I substitute taught at Fort calhoun High school for many years.

Posted June 27, 2009
I am so glad that we moved to this community and that my children have gone to Fort Calhoun. The teachers KNOW my kids, they encourage them to excell, and they educate them. I have a child that graduated from here and she was well prepared for college. The entire school district encourages parent participation and is open and welcoming.

Posted June 26, 2009
I can't imagine the parent who wrote about no parental involvement since I see constant parental involvement! The school administration is excellent, 95% of the teachers are equally great and very conscientious of individual needs of the students. Higher than all average ACT scores show it!

Posted June 25, 2009
The district s small size is its greatest asset. Kids don t fall between the cracks, they blossom because teachers know each student by name and care for and encourage a variety of talents. Our two children were active in many sports and activities; that could not have happened in a big school system. Kids are encouraged to try a variety of things, regardless of their ability, and given many leadership and volunteer opportunities. Academic results are strong too. ACT scores for 2004-2008 were as follows: 23.28 Fort Calhoun, 23.06 Blair, 21.96 Arlington, 21.92 Nebraska, and 21.04 Nationwide. Fort Calhoun also offers dual enrollment courses in the junior and senior years so that kids can earn high school and college credit at the same time for their English, calculus, physics, psychology, sociology classes and more! We ve found the district to be innovative, progressive, and responsive to new ideas.

Fort Calhoun High School 4

Posted February 04, 2009

Posted April 26, 2008
This school is great, right now i have a son and daughter in this school now. My dauther is doing great and so is my son, the teachers are so invoved in the school and the prinicpal knows all of the kids nammes.

Fort Calhoun High School 1

Posted September 06, 2006
- a former student

Fort Calhoun High School 1

Posted December 06, 2005
there is no parental involvement at this school. i find that no one from this school can read, and their math programs is terrible. their main concern is sports with litle emphasis on art.

Posted March 08, 2004
Fort Calhoun Schools, both the elementary and the junior high/ high schools are exceptional! When we moved into the district, we loved the area, but didn't know much about the school district. We thought if we had a problem with the school quality, we would transfer our kids to Omaha, where we grew up. Not only did we keep our kids in the Fort Calhoun schools, we think it is better than other schools in the surrounding districts, including Omaha! The parents have much more say and control over what the FC district is doing, because they listen to the parents. The teachers say they don't worry about discipline at all because the principals, who know all the kids by name, take care of it. The quality of what the kids are learning is excellent, producing high ACT scores on average! Our kids will be well prepared for college!

Fort Calhoun High School
1506 Lincoln St, Fort Calhoun, NE  68023
Last modified Fort Calhoun High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Fort Calhoun High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews.