Fremont, NE
Students enrolled: 1,387

Posted July 20, 2011
Fremont High School had two very important teachers last school year that not only taught students not only about their subjects, but also taught life lessons as well, these were two of the most amazing teachers I've ever had the pleasure of knowing, and having. Unfortunately, these two teachers left at the end of the last school year. Without them, Fremont High School is left with nothing. The school is more focused on sports than anything. Which is ironic since we only succeed in one sport - boys cross country. The teachers who also coach sports favor their athletes more than the other students, so these students are hurtfully left behind. Many of the teachers also favor students who are popular, have money, or have a prominent last name. This goes for all the Fremont Public Schools. Fremont High School is also does a very poor job in preparing students for the real world. The school is very snobby, and of course the students who have money have the teachers and administration under their thumb, they drink, never do their own homework, party till the sun comes up, and yet they are all chosen to join National Honor Society, while the good kids finish last. I can't wait to leave.

Posted March 07, 2011
I would have to say that overall Fremont High School was pretty poor in the class selection. I am a sophmore at UNL and the chemistry class I am in was said to go over everything we learned in high school for the first two weeks. By the second week I was receiving new information that I had never learned before. A friend of mine is in that class and said that his high school offered chemistry classes from Freshmen to Seniors in high school! Another thing that I have noticed is the lack of college credit classes at the school. The school sets students up to enter the workforce after getting their diploma for the most part. Sports were VERY political at this school too. No matter what the skill level was of the player the deciding factor in play time was mommy and daddy's name and how much the player sucked up to the coaches. I did enjoy my time as a student here but that was because of the friends and the fun teachers. I feel that FHS has to do something about the class selection immediately. I mean they received a 3 out of 10 stars for a reason right? EXACTLY!

Fremont Senior High School 0

Posted May 19, 2008
The high school is a good school for anyone wanting to enter a vocational school or the work place directly after graduation. The school however, is primitive when preparing students for a 4 year institution. The lack of advanced classes hampers students wishing to get a jump start on college credit. The archaic thinking of the administration needs to be changed.

Fremont Senior High School 0

Posted February 05, 2008
I would say that Fremont Public School, especially the high school are a joke!!! They claim to believe in offering the best education possible, and yet the ones who get the most help and are put first are the ones the 'name?' This school does not care about the underdog and never will. The smartest thing I ever did was graduate at first quarter. I would never reccomend Fremont Public Schools to anyone!

Fremont Senior High School 5

Posted January 23, 2008
I attended this school, and it was a great school. I picked the classes and the teachers I wanted, and every one was great. There are some teachers that aren't the best, but it is easy to peak the elite out of the crowd.

Fremont Senior High School 1

Posted November 30, 2007
FHS is not a good school. Yes it has a few good teachers, but then again there are alot that are not so good. There are a lot of red tape rules which are never equally enforced.

Fremont Senior High School 5

Posted August 17, 2007

Fremont Senior High School 1

Posted May 17, 2007
- a former student
I am a graduate of this school. Some of the teachers are good, but they are hampered by an inept and rigid administration. Many of the others seem to be filling space. There is little emphasis on academic advancement or achievement. I feel my education began when I entered college. This school is best to avoid, as are all schools in the Fremont system.

Posted August 01, 2006

Fremont Senior High School 3

Posted May 11, 2006
- a former student

Fremont Senior High School
1750 North Lincoln Ave, Fremont, NE  68025
Last modified Fremont Senior High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Fremont Senior High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top