Hastings, NE

Posted April 07, 2012
Adams Central provided my children with an excellent education and plenty of opportunities to explore their potential. Students for the most part care about their education and are committed to doing their best. Teachers work hard and care about their students, extremely professional. What more can you ask for? They challenge the students and provide them with the necessary opportunities to reach their goals. Students are disciplined when appropriate to do so. Office staff is extremely positive and helpful and communication with parents is what it should be. Technology continues to improve and updated. Parents work with school officials and teachers and are supportive. Thumbs up for AC! The best private, public school in America.

Posted March 06, 2008
Adams Central is a school that prepares their students for college. The way I interpreted taking notes all day everyday now after going to college is the school knew that is how all colllege classes are and they wanted to prepare the students for that. I am so thankful that I had a school that stressed writing. In college students write paper after paper. Most of the papers I had to write were 15-20 page papers granted that was for all my history courses. However I have written papers in every one of my classes including Math, Psychology, Sociology, History, English, Political Science, Teacher Education, Physical Education, Geography and many more. Writing is a part of life and Adams Central prepared me very well for that part of my life.

Posted December 18, 2007
I'm a student at Adams Central and quite honestly anybody who hasn't gone throught the system doesn't understand, this is the best public High School in the State of Nebraska and possibly the midwest, our sports are great other extracurricular activities are great the teachers are the best in the world and help with everything you need or ask of them. The school is a prime example of a great high school and I as a student highly recomend this school to anyone.

Adams Central Jr-Sr High School 0

Posted December 01, 2007
This school is very good for extra-cirricular activities, but when it comes to dissapline and problems being taken care of in the beginning, they are not so well. Good grading system....

Adams Central Jr-Sr High School 1

Posted March 14, 2007
Very disappointed, expected more. This school does not say the Pledge of Allegiance, no school to parent communication from what I've observed. My grandsons whole 1st semester in Math was taught by a student teacher so he didn't get a very good grasp on his Math. I don't see much discipline, not much in the way of sports or extra activities. The office personnel are not very personable and you don't really feel welcomed there. My grandson has gone from an Honor Student to barely passing. They don't stress reading and most everything is learned from taking notes, only refer to the book if you have to. I have to say that this is the worst school my grandson has ever gone to. No one really seems dedicated to helping these students get a quality education.

Posted October 15, 2004
- a former student

Adams Central Jr-Sr High School
1090 South Adams Rd, Hastings, NE  68902
Last modified Adams Central Jr-Sr High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Adams Central Jr-Sr High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top