Hastings, NE

Posted November 21, 2014
Hastings High School is the greatest school for tradition at sporting events, the student body is lead by Taco and he does a great job at leading.

Hastings Senior High School 1

Posted May 15, 2013
We moved here recently and the schools. The schools are a mess. They are below state average across the board. You get little help or response from the schools or teachers when you have a concern. We learned that core classes like math are over crowded.. They do not use a standardized curriculum and instead write their own resulting in a high number of otherwise successful students taking summer school. We were appalled when we saw the poorly written handmade algebra worksheets. I know other professional families who've relocated into the community only to transfer out again primarily due to the schools poor standards and education. After a year here, we are considering the same.

Hastings Senior High School 2

Posted August 08, 2012
My son will be entering Hastings High this fall. I have several academic concerns. What are the average SAT and ACT scores? Do they have both an IB and AP program and if so what percentage of students participate in said programs?.PSEO programs make it possible for a motivated student to have 2 -3 semesters of college completed upon graduation. What universitiesdo you have aggrements with? i don't mean online opportunities but real classes. I believe taking college classes online does nothing to prepare the student for the rigors of college life. Sit in a lecture hall with 150 - 300 other students or don't take the class .Anybody who can help me address these concerns with hard data would be most appreciated. thank you in advance for any response.

Hastings Senior High School 2

Posted August 08, 2012
My son will be attending Hastings High next year. I have been having trouble getting information on certain programs do they offer I.B. or A.P. programs. What about PSEO classes at universities that wuold allow the completion of 2-3 semesters of college upon graduation. Not online PSEO where the student sits by himself but real classes attended with 150 - 300 other motvated students at the university.Finally I can't find relevent data on SAT and ACT scores. How many students go on to major universities? Graduation ratio, dropout ratio and other relevent information. Can anybody help me please. I am new to the area and just want the best education for my very bright child.

Hastings Senior High School

Posted July 21, 2009
My two children have been bullied here on repeated occasions, especially at the middle school level. Discipline in the classroom is o.k. but in the halls and around the school grounds, the atmosphere is gang-like in nature.

Posted September 16, 2008
They do a great job of helping their freshman transition to the high school. A big failing in other schools I've dealt with. Their freshmen mentoring program is a model for other schools.

Posted September 18, 2006
Our experience with Hastings Senior High School has been a great one! Academically the school is right on track and the communication between all parties is wonderful. The teachers and administration are superior. The school offers many extracurricular activities...far more than other local public schools. The community is proud of the high school and sponsors many activities. I am very happy my children attend and will attend this school.

Hastings Senior High School 4

Posted December 11, 2004
Hastings High is a very good school for a smaller town. There are very good teachers that care about the students and work with them all the time. Recently there has been a change in principal, and i knew the new principal pretty well. He is a good man and i have confidence in that he will do a good job at the school. All the programs at the school are good and provide ample opportunity for students to get involved.

Hastings Senior High School
1100 West 14th St, Hastings, NE  68901
Last modified Hastings Senior High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hastings Senior High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top