Kearney, NE

Park Elementary School 1

Posted July 05, 2013
Mrs Matthews should not be a principal. I strongly agree with the review posted by a parent in May of 2011. I had four children attend Park School while she was principal. Finally I transferred my last child to a different school--her yelling at students, and her belittling of them--had indeed become excessive. In addition, any criticism of any of her teachers falls on deaf ears, even those who have been disciplined in other districts. On a positive note, many loving and qualified teachers work at Park whose examples will not soon be forgotten by my children.

Park Elementary School 4

Posted April 02, 2013
I strongly disagree with the first post, dated May 2011. We have had several of our children at Park Elementary and have been very happy. Mrs. Mathews is a tremendous asset to the school; we're lucky to have her. I don't find the complaint section at the Nebraska Department of Education that the first post mentions -- I don't believe they exist. In sum, Park is an excellent school whose reputation shouldn't be tarnished by some baseless grumbles. If you are considering having your child attend Park, take the time to visit and get to know Mrs. Mathews and the rest of the staff. They will put your mind at ease as to the kind of atmosphere your child will encounter at Park.

Park Elementary School 1

Posted May 17, 2011
Check with the State Board of Education and review the complaints against Mrs. Matthews. You will be assured that the accusations were not proven, but the number and consistancy of the complaints should alert you otherwise. A few conversations with Mrs. Matthews will prove text book narcissistic personality. Beware if she doesn't get her way, she'll yell at you, or your child. One poor student was yelled at until he wet his pants.

Park Elementary School 5

Posted August 28, 2010
Very caring staff! High expectations for student learning. We couldn't be happier with our experiences at Park.

Park Elementary School
3000 7th Ave, Kearney, NE  68845
Last modified Park Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Park Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 4 reviews. Top