Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted April 19, 2016
Parkview encourages all students to be respectful, safe, responsible, and kind. They use the PBiS method, which rewards students who are caught using positive behaviors.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted April 19, 2016
The PLCS district doesn't seem to believe in homework for elementary students. My kids will occasionally bring home a worksheet to study for a test, and have been asked to work on math facts, and reading at home. Otherwise, homework is any work the student failed to complete within the class time they were given.

Posted April 19, 2016
I am a teacher and have my kids have attended Parkview for 6 years. We love this school! Teachers, Principal, and staff are very welcoming and responsive. The teachers are well prepared, educated and make my kiddos excited to go to school everyday and learn! I do not hesitate to recommend Parkview. Parkview is 5 stars-but had to give it 4 because I do wish there were more clubs available for the kids to join.

Parkview Heights Elementary School 2

Posted January 23, 2012
I was pleased with the school, at first. In the past year I have seen a huge change in my child and the care and concern of the staff. My child is constantly singled out and given think times for taking 30 seconds longer to accomplish a task than the other children. I have made myself available to the school 24/7 and have yet to get a call or notice that my child is having difficulties, but his report card is showing many (-) negatives in various subjects. I have been told to medicate my child so he will get his work done in a timely manner and that if my doctor won't agree to medicate then I need to find a doctor that will. If you don't believe in the new fad of 'medicating your kid' then I DO NOT recommend this school!!!! I'm worried that all of the negative feedback, they don't focus on the positives, may have labeled my child for life!

Posted November 08, 2011
Overall our school year has been a great learning experience. The positives are great school home communication, good teachers, plenty of opportunities to be an involved parent. The negative is that there is zero creativity in the school. Classes are instructed robotically with little teacher/student engagement. Every student is looked at as a piece of a whole not as an individual. 5th and 6th grade have one 15 minute recess a day. There is good content, but little passion at this school.

Parkview Heights Elementary School 5

Posted June 20, 2011
I am a teacher in a larger neighboring district, but my grandchildren attend Parkview Heights. This is a wonderful school, with caring well-educated, experienced teachers, and a principal who is responsive to the needs of her students. My husband and I have been fortunate enough to attend many after-school functions (musical programs), and have always been personally greeted by school staff and felt very welcome. Even though our children/grandchildren moved into a new district, they preferred to remain at this building; even driving many miles out of their way to make sure this quality environment could be experienced by all of their children (currently 5). I woud wholeheartedly recommend this school, staff, administration, and curriculum to any families looking for a positive school home.

Posted June 07, 2011
Two of my three sons went to this school, and they loved it. The teachers care about their students and they want to make sure they are ready for the next level. Parents are always welcomed and involved and it makes it a wonderful place.

Parkview Heights Elementary School 2

Posted December 01, 2010
Inconsistent education, teachers running own agenda, lots of bullying, disrespect for children and parents. Lot of nice parents.

7609 South 89th St, La Vista, NE  68128
Last modified Parkview Heights Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.