Parkview Heights Elementary School 2

Posted January 23, 2012
I was pleased with the school, at first. In the past year I have seen a huge change in my child and the care and concern of the staff. My child is constantly singled out and given think times for taking 30 seconds longer to accomplish a task than the other children. I have made myself available to the school 24/7 and have yet to get a call or notice that my child is having difficulties, but his report card is showing many (-) negatives in various subjects. I have been told to medicate my child so he will get his work done in a timely manner and that if my doctor won't agree to medicate then I need to find a doctor that will. If you don't believe in the new fad of 'medicating your kid' then I DO NOT recommend this school!!!! I'm worried that all of the negative feedback, they don't focus on the positives, may have labeled my child for life!

Posted November 08, 2011
Overall our school year has been a great learning experience. The positives are great school home communication, good teachers, plenty of opportunities to be an involved parent. The negative is that there is zero creativity in the school. Classes are instructed robotically with little teacher/student engagement. Every student is looked at as a piece of a whole not as an individual. 5th and 6th grade have one 15 minute recess a day. There is good content, but little passion at this school.

Posted June 20, 2011
I am a teacher in a larger neighboring district, but my grandchildren attend Parkview Heights. This is a wonderful school, with caring well-educated, experienced teachers, and a principal who is responsive to the needs of her students. My husband and I have been fortunate enough to attend many after-school functions (musical programs), and have always been personally greeted by school staff and felt very welcome. Even though our children/grandchildren moved into a new district, they preferred to remain at this building; even driving many miles out of their way to make sure this quality environment could be experienced by all of their children (currently 5). I woud wholeheartedly recommend this school, staff, administration, and curriculum to any families looking for a positive school home.

Posted June 07, 2011
Two of my three sons went to this school, and they loved it. The teachers care about their students and they want to make sure they are ready for the next level. Parents are always welcomed and involved and it makes it a wonderful place.

Parkview Heights Elementary School 2

Posted December 01, 2010
Inconsistent education, teachers running own agenda, lots of bullying, disrespect for children and parents. Lot of nice parents.

Posted December 18, 2009
I attended parkview and now my children attend. Some of the same great teachers are still there, it shows how much they love and care for the community! The teachers are great always up to date on the latest teaching methods and the principal has new discipline techniques which emphasize the well behaved students vs. the negative behavior. Which is so excellent and makes the best kids get the most attention. It is working very well!

Posted September 15, 2009
My child has gone to Parkview since kindergarten and is now in 6th grade. We hae been more than happy with the teachers and staff. In the younger grades the teachers were so nurturing as they should be. I credit these teachers with how well my child still likes school today. The teachers in the older grades give the kids more responsibility and make them accountable for their actions. We've had 3 principals and while each one had a different management style, all were good. The kids LOVED the first two principals. They also like the current principal but she is more business oriented and they have had a harder time warming up to her. I would not hesitate to send your child to Parkview -- my child has done really well here

Parkview Heights Elementary School 3

Posted May 23, 2009
the children are okey.some brake down into tears in the class for no reason at all! others are top of the line, down right smart kids who will become great people if taught at the right school.but the princaple! my 2 children liked the old one better. i will be taking them to portal next year. i hope it will help them more than this pile of junk!

Parkview Heights Elementary School 1

Posted April 03, 2009

Posted October 08, 2008
The teachers are wonderful and top of the line, as is the new principal. They go out of their way for children who need extra help. I do see some mild bullying and clicks and I do wish there was more parental involvement allowed. Overall, I do like the school and will continue my children's education at Parkview.

Parkview Heights Elementary School
7609 South 89th St, La Vista, NE  68128
Last modified Parkview Heights Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Parkview Heights Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top