La Vista, NE
Before care: Yes

Posted April 02, 2014
Portal has been an excellent school for my son. He is in 2nd grade and has enjoyed the teachers and classmates at Portal. I have also been involved with the PTO at the school helping with fundraisers. I think there is a great core group of parents that really want to make Portal an excellent school by raising money for improvements. They also take great care of the teachers with lunches and dinners during Teacher Appreciation and conferences. I am very happy in this school and school district.

Posted June 24, 2013
i love portal i was there for only 3 years now and i will be going in to 6th grade! my 3rd grade teacher was amazing, my 4th grade teacher (Mrs.Krings who is now a 5th grade teacher) was awsome and my 5th grade teacher (Mrs.Wilson) is so much fun. I can't wait for 6th! i bet Mr.Ritton, Mr.Klug , The new teacher (i cant remember his name) , and Mrs.Springer are all great teachers!

Posted March 14, 2013
Amazing. We moved to La Vista, NE, via the military. My son entered 3rd grade and was recently assessed into the High Aptitude Learner (HAL) program. This normally takes over a year for a military child to work into a high aptitude program. Furthermore, he will be representing the school in the upcoming Math Skills Olympics at the District level. Again, no school district treats military kids better. All kids curricula are tailored according to their ability. Very pleased with Portal Elementary

Portal Elementary School 1

Posted August 17, 2011
This school is fine if you don't want your child to be challenged in any way academically. We pulled our child from this school and enrolled her in private school rather than continue her education here. The teachers she had had no motivation to challenge a child and set the standards at level of the lowest acheiving child in the class in order to make results look good. Any child that worked above grade level is ignored and bored. In the 2 years that she went there, my daughter never took any tests (no weekly spelling tests, math tests, end of unit assessments), or had any homework even when we the parents requested it. The new principal acts bored when in meeting with parents regarding acheivement and is of no help.As a former teacher, I would not recommend this school to any parent.

Portal Elementary School 0

Posted April 28, 2010
Portal is a wonder elementary school, my daughter started the school here when it first opened 7 years ago. My son is coming to the school this fall, I am lucky to have wonderful teachers teach my kids. The school started with not many kids but I think it got a little over loaded. I hope the school notice it and do something about it too.

Posted August 16, 2009
My daughter has been attending this school for two years after moving here from Tennesseee. We absolutely love the teachers and the school holisticially.

Posted June 23, 2009

Posted February 17, 2008

Posted March 29, 2006

Posted February 22, 2006
An excellent elementary school. Excellent leadership, teachers are committed to learning and the students. Excellent resources and a warm learning environment.

Portal Elementary School
9920 Brentwood Dr, La Vista, NE  68128
Last modified Portal Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Portal Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top