Lincoln, NE

St Marys School 5

Posted February 26, 2014
This is a wonderful school with amazing staff. They have repeatedly gone above and beyond to ensure my child with ADHD does not fall behind and is guided down the path to success. My son loves this school, the staff, and the diversity found here. All of our children have/will attend St. Mary's! St. Mary's is very family friendly and holds numerous activities throughout the year that encourages togetherness. The staff have always done an incredible job of keeping us informed of our child's progress and challenges. They are very easy to communicate with and really invest in their students. Challenges are addressed in face to face meetings and the staff work hand in hand with parents and students alike to overcome these challenges. I am so grateful to the staff and school for their patients, cooperation, support, and guidance. I absolutely recommend St. Mary's to any parent wanting their child to attend an amazing school that assists in developing children in all aspects of life!

St Marys School 1

Posted February 25, 2014
The school does not work with children that have disabilities. I have a special needs child that I thought St Mary's smaller environment would be good for him. I was very wrong and I would recommend staying away even if your child has no special needs. They will not work with the parents, the teachers in the older grades have no patience with the children in their class. They frequently yell at the children or slam things down loudly to get their attention. My child and the friends he made were very unhappy at the school. I have raised two children to adults and this is my third child. I have never had such a poor experience with teachers in my life. This would be a good place to send your kid if you want a totalitarian environment.

St Marys School 1

Posted February 25, 2014
This is not a school you want to send your young children to. They HAD a wonderful 3rd grade teacher who I absolutely adored, but their older grade teachers are lazy, mean and absolutely horrible when it comes to working with the parents to make sure their children succeed. The principle will do absolutely nothing to help you unless you are paying them full rates. They refuse to help when it comes to checking the children's planners to make sure all their homework is listed so you can make sure your child has his/her work completed. STAY AWAY!!!!

St Marys School 4

Posted August 04, 2004
St. Mary's added a preschool last year, and we sent our son. I am very happy with this school for several reasons, but the most important one is the fact that they teach children to be respectful of each other and adults. I have never once been to this school in which a child did not hold the door open for me. There is a 'we're all family' attitude that I think is great. No bullying problems, no cliquishness. They score high on education and religious training, too. Plus, the school is very diverse in culture. In my son's Kindergarden class, he has friends who are Latino, Asian, Eastern European and African American. Not only will he get a great academic education and a great religious education, he's getting a great social education.

St Marys School 5

Posted February 23, 2004
Fabulous school, good in student to teacher ratio, small in size but very personal.

St Marys School