No rating

Parkview Christian Schools

Private | PK-12 | 171 students

Living in Lincoln

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $128,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $640.

Posted August 13, 2014

I went to PCS for two years in high school because of the unsafe environment in public school. I did not think I would graduate high school and did not enjoy school before I attended PCS. My teachers never gave up on me and even encouraged me to become a better person. I will always be grateful to all of my teachers at PCS, as well as the students I was blessed to meet while I went to school at Parkview because they helped me graduate high school and look for scholarships my senior year, as well as assisted me with finding a part time job.

Posted November 5, 2013

Both of my children have attended since pre-school. One is now graduated and going to college and the other is a Junior. As with all small schools our kids have had the opportunity to participate in many activities including sports, cheer leading, band and speech. I have found nearly all of the teachers to be excellent and devoted to the students. As parents, my wife and I enjoy helping in many areas and find that our children benefit from a God centered school. They have high character, developed leadership skills and excellent grades. This is a gem of a school for families who want something more for their student.

Posted November 12, 2011

I attended PCS for middle school, and ended up successful in spite of it, thanks to my time in a public high school. In my time there, my music skills regressed (band was terrible), my English talents stagnated, and not a single teacher took the time to make a meaningful connection with me or realize that I had skills to cultivate. Course offerings are extremely limited; classroom facilities are lacking. If you want your kids to hear about Jesus all day, every day, then I guess this is the only way (apart from homeschooling) that you'll get it. If you want your kids to get an education, please leave it to educators - in public schools.

Posted February 20, 2011

This is a excellent school. My childs are love to go schoola everyday. Teachers are very nice, they're always ask my childs to share about theire difficults. I strongly advise this school

Posted May 10, 2010

Parkview is headed the right direction. I appreciate the strong character of the kids.

Posted August 6, 2009

What a great school! We have been here since K5 in 2003. I love sending my children here. It is a great feeling to know they are being taken care of each day. It is also a great feeling to know what they are being taught. I don't worry about them being taught a bunch of wordly junk. It is a smaller school, which I prefer. It is easier to get to know other parents. Also, it is easier for the staff to get to know the parents.

Posted September 10, 2007

My daughter is in her second year of the pre-school program at Parkview Christian. We love this pre-school. Parkview is a k-12 private school, and the pre-school classes are set in the school with a classroom environment. Even the 3 and 4 year olds are introduced to sitting in seats, raising hands, and other important skills they'll need when they start elementary. My 3 year old can say the pledge of allegiance! Pre-schoolers also get to experience library, music, and P.E. The Abeka curriculum is used, and we think it's great. Structure and routine are used the entire 3 hour and 15 minute time preiod. The school is also very affordable! Overall - we're very satisfied.

Posted January 18, 2006

My kids went for a year then we left the state. The academics were fine and I was happy that music lessons begin in 4th grade. Their main teachers cared about them and my kids and I liked them. We weren't able to be in a private school this year among other disappointments so we're moving back to put them in Parkview again. Yay! The other kids are much better influence at Parkview than in public schools, I wouldn't dare send mine anywhere else again. The school is under new management and leadership this year and I can't wait for their teachers to talk with them about Jesus. I'm happy with the uniforms, it eliminates fussing over what the kids want to wear instead! Yikes.

Posted December 8, 2005

We have three boys in Parkview. Our oldest has been there for 4 years. Our boys have excelled in math and reading. The teachers are top quality individuals that have a passion for teaching and have a great relationship with each student. Parkview also instills in our boys the same moral disciplines that we give them at home. It is a great encouragement to have a school partnering with us to develop young men who will not only be well educated but young men of character and integrity!

Posted November 23, 2004

My child has been at Parkview since he was 3 years old. I appreciate that teachers greatly. Mrs. Farewell was his K-3 teacher her very first year at Parkview, 9 years ago. My child is now in 6th grade and I feel his teacher, Mrs. Jenkins is doing a fine job. As with any institution or home for that matter, there are going to be ups and downs and moments of disagreement. I will take these at Parkview over turning my child over to Public school at this time. Unless God tells me otherwise, I plan for my child to graduate from Parkview in 2010. Thank you.

Posted November 23, 2004

I am a current senior at PCS, and have attended since the 92-93 school year. Personally, I've found it to be an overall good experience. I have had the opportunity to play basketball, be in track, manage football, run scoreboard, work on the computer network, be in choir, and play in band and marching band (these are only a handful of the opportunities I've had). I would by no means say Parkview is anywhere near perfect- but I definitely recommend it. I have found the academic side to be extremely high quality. Because of my solid elementary and junior high foundation at Parkview, I was given the opportunity to skip 8th grade. I have not regretted that decision. It has allowed me to graduate a year early, but also because of the small size, I still enjoy being in some of the same classes with my friends from all grades.
—Submitted by a student

Posted November 6, 2004

Parkview gave me the opportunity to be in athletics, Student council, drama, and select choir, things I probably would not have been able to do if in a bigger school. The staff at Parkview is made up of caring adults who see your God-given potential and will give you the time and attention you need reach it. School is more than academics, athletics, and extra curricular activities, it's where you gain the foundation for the rest of your life. What better place to send your child than a place where that foundation is Christ. Parkview is a Christ-centered environment where your child can be stretched academically, athletically, and spiritually, as well as gain relationships that will last for a lifetime. As an alumni of 2004 I gladly reccommend Parkview to anyone looking for a school for their child.
—Submitted by a former student

Posted November 5, 2004

Our three children have been in Parkview for eight years. Two of them have graduated and are now attending college and our son will graduate in 2006. I would recommend Parkview to anyone. Parkview has many good qualities, Christian teachers who care for each and every student, smaller classrooms,and the staff has a possitive attitude. Teachers work with parents concerning students grades and homework, which I find is very important to me as a parent. I want to say thank you to Parkveiw for being a part of our lives.

Posted November 4, 2004

One of my children has attended Parkview for two years while my other has been there three (including pre-school). My older son came from a public school and I have found Parkview to compare very favorably to his public school experience. The teachers are more committed to the students and the student to teacher ratio is much lower, making it possible for them to give my sons more personal attention. I have also found the quality of education to be much higher than at public schools. When I compared my son's vocabulary list to a friend of mine's (whose child is in public school), I found Parkview's list to be a full two grade levels above the public school's list. Our experience has been a very positive one and I will keep my sons at Parkview throughout their school years.

Posted November 4, 2004

I have three children at Parkview. My oldest started in 1st grade is now a junior, my second started in K-5 now is a sophomore, and my youngest started this year in preschool. We are very happy with the education and social environment they receive at Parkview. My junior boy is a three sport athlete and is in choir and band. He is hoping to become a Physical Education teacher and coach. My daughter is a cheerleader and has had 4 years of art instruction. She hopes to study art in college and use it in her future profession. The spiritual climate at the school has fostered in both of my kids a love for Jesus and His plan for their lives. They have had friends for the past 11 years that likely will be friends for life. I love what Parkview has done for my kids.

Posted November 4, 2004

My daughter has attended Parkview Christian School all her school years. She is now a Senior. Parkview is a solid Biblical school which expects the best from students. The academics are generally very strong. It is a small school under 300 (K-12) which does not have the resources of a large institution, but it does have heart. My daughter has had many opportunities to leave, but always chooses to stay at Parkview, not because of friends, but because Christ is the center of all activities and classes. That makes a big difference! Parental involvement has made it possible with no tax revenue, not even a tax deduction. Band, Art & sports are amazingly good for such a small school.

Posted November 4, 2004

We ve been at Parkview for six years. A former teacher, occasional volunteer and parent, I have seen PCS at its best and at its worst. I have enormous respect for its leaders' integrity and commitment related to the task of developing Godly character in each of the children entrusted to them. Feeling safe, having friends and experiencing enough success and challenge to learn how to think, develop good study habits and refine social skills is what s important for my sons cognitive and socio-emotional development. This is happening at Parkview. The most important thing for their spiritual development is having opportunities to make good/bad choices and develop a conscience that will usher them into responsible stewardship, healthy relationships and Godly character. I appreciate who my middle/high school sons are as a result of their time at PCS. Like adolescent acne, the school s blemishes are merely a part of its development. --Renita Tyrance

Posted November 4, 2004

We have 3 children at Parkview, with our oldest in 2nd grade. We have been very impressed with the dedication of the staff. The teachers exhibit an inordinate amount of caring and concern for each child. Their academic performance has been excellent to date. My children are learning things kids in higher grades haven't mastered yet. The current physical location is not ideal, but the staff work hard at making up for it with their attitude and activities for the students. If you are looking for caring, dedicated teachers; an environment where you can be sure your children are safe and cared for; and a exceptional academic program - Parkview Christian is a great option!

Posted November 4, 2004

I am dismayed at the other review here, the parent is most obviously misinformed. Even though the school does lack money this is becuase they offer scholorships to a large ammount of there students. This school has shown caring about students that other Schools has not. Even though you may think that parkview handicapped your child, I would highly doubt this. As a one time student at parkview I was never handicapped and learned a lot of things that I find applicable in life today. Right now I go to another school, merely becuase I moved out of state. This school offers a christian foundation to kids, basically to everyone, shame on you that you should talk that down.
—Submitted by a former student

Posted November 3, 2004

Our boys have gone to Parkview for 3 years and we are so thankful for a low student to teacher ratio. The teachers and administrators are top notch. They love our children and teach our children christian values. As far as cost goes what price do you put on your childrens education. Incidentally the cost is low, compared to other christian schools.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 0% 2%

College readiness and student pathways

Students typically attend these schools prior to attending this school Belmont Elementary
Campbell Elementary
Goodrich Middle School
Read more about resources at this school
Source: Manually entered by a school official.

Special education / special needs

Specialized programs for specific types of special education students
  • Specific learning disabilities
  • Speech and language impairments

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

School start time
  • 8:00
School end time
  • 3:45
Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • After school
  • (402) 474-5830

Instructional and/or curriculum models used

• Accelerated credit learning
  • Honors track
Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Drama

School culture

Dress Code
  • Dress code
  • Many parents volunteer in classrooms, accompany classes on field trip and participate on fund-raising campaigns. we have several parent committee chaired by a board member to keep the relationship between parents, board and administration strong. parents have a strong boosters program to assist with athletics and fine arts.