Lincoln, NE
Students enrolled: 1,572

Posted August 06, 2014
As a student, and as a student of Lincoln High's chapter of the International Baccalaureate program, I couldn't be more proud of this school. The teachers here are involved with students, and really want to help us learn. It's a culturally diverse environment, and very convenient for Lincoln's High School Focus programs. The theatre, speech, and debate programs are excellent, and there are AP and IB classes available for students who excel academically. Lincoln High is top-notch.

Posted May 12, 2014
I have not been to other school but I must say Lincoln High School is an awesome school. A lot of people talk trashy about my school as ghettos and stuff but that is so not true. As of every school have all types of students, LHS have so much opportunities and especially IB program is a bonus for high achievers

Posted November 12, 2011
I can't give LHS enough stars. I'm a proud alum and now a staff member as well. The teachers I had were top-notch - even with increasing class sizes, standardized testing, and NCLB, they made an effort to tailor their teaching to meet individual students' needs. I met several teachers who not only pushed me to excel academically, but also encouraged me to develop a strong sense of self. They inspired me to go to college, and made sure that I was prepared to succeed there, too. The music programs have historically been well-respected (I even got to go to London), and drama is a powerhouse that keeps putting on plays that matter (often regarding social issues and historical events). And yes, it's diverse and accepting, on top of all of that. Lincoln High has a strong sense of history and tradition, and with recent remodeling, Lincoln's historic "palace of learning" looks better than ever.

Lincoln High School 0

Posted September 16, 2009
Lincoln HS is a diverse community that is tolerant of all kinds of people. It has excellent teachers with excellent caring attitudes about each and every student! It also has the proclaimed International Baccalaureate program which is very appropriate because this high school is the most international school in our community!

Posted August 02, 2008

Posted April 22, 2005
As a student - I feel LHS is an awesome school and I'm so very glad I attend there. Though the 'non-diff' classes aren't as focused as those the differentiated, the overall academic programs for students who want to learn is fabulous. They have a ways for student-parents to also recieve a quality education. Sports isn't the best, but their band and theatre departments are one of the best in state. I am SO happy there. And if you like sports, you can still participate, it's just not the top program in the whole state. As far as parent involvement, there are drama mama and papas, band parent Boosters (moms, dads, grandmas, grandpas...) and the choir program has parent boosters as well. It's pretty awesome! I love it at LHS!

Posted February 23, 2004

Posted October 06, 2003

Lincoln High School
2229 J St, Lincoln, NE  68510
Last modified Lincoln High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lincoln High School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top