Lincoln, NE

Pyrtle Elementary School 1

Posted May 06, 2014
I have been impressed with how LPS has served the student's needs. The staff at most Lincoln Public Schools are not so welcoming of substitute teachers if they are not "seasoned" substitutes. I do not find the environment to be very warm or welcoming at this school.

Posted September 11, 2009
We moved into this neighborhood b/c of the great reputation of Pyrtle. One month into the school year, it is exceeding our expectations. The teachers are wonderful and our daughter comes home happy to talk about her day. We had a wedding to attend out of state, so our daughter had to miss the first few days of school. When she came back, she was a little timid. But it only lasted seconds b/c the teacher was so welcoming! Asking her about our trip, and requesting that she bring pictures and her seashells so they could do 'research.' She was also made 'captain' for the day, which made her feel like she didn't miss anything. We are pleased, to say the least!

Pyrtle Elementary School 0

Posted February 02, 2009
Pyrtle elemantary was the best place possible that i could send my child. The teachers are friendly and very caring of the students they teach. After school activities are creative and fun; field trips are educational as well exciting. Pyrtle is one of the best place to send a child who is creative, likes to have fun and has a desire to learn in a caring, friendly, loving atmosphere.

Posted May 12, 2008
My daughter came here about 2 months into 1st grade. We had moved from Kansas and she had been struggling. I was pretty worried on how she would adjust. After being there only 2 weeks it was like I had a different kid coming home from school! She was excelling more than I had ever imagined. Everyone at the school was great and I couldn't have asked for anything better!! signed~ Completly Grateful!

Posted December 03, 2003

Pyrtle Elementary School
721 Cottonwood Dr, Lincoln, NE  68510
Last modified Pyrtle Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Pyrtle Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 5 reviews. Top