Lincoln, NE

Humann Elementary School 1

Posted May 06, 2014
The teachers at this school are very involved in serving the student's needs. That is the only positive thing i have to say for this school. I have subbed here three times during the past two years. Quite honestly, I am not really impressed with the general aura of the school which is "snotty." I have heard of substitute teachers quitting their jobs at LPS because of the high expectations that are placed upon them. I know the pay for substitutes is the highest in the state, but if you are accustomed to severe criticism, then i would highly suggest subbing here at this school.

Posted August 31, 2011
We have four children and have had at least one child at Humann for the last 10 years. This school has excellent teachers in every grade. There is ample opportunity for parents to be involved in their child's education. I have found the principal and staff to be very approachable and pro-active. We have had children in both the gifted and the special education classes and have been pleased with both experiences. The specials teachers are passionate about their subjects and do their best to expose kids to a wide variety of things. We love Humann.

Humann Elementary School 3

Posted April 05, 2011
I previously reviewed this school in September of 2009. My review has changed. This school is rife with bullying that the school does nothing about, all issues are swept under the rug, the parents are terrible, the staff and teachers loathe the principal. If you are low-income, there are no programs here short of free lunch. Very disappointed. We are transferring out.

Posted September 08, 2009

Posted February 06, 2008

Humann Elementary School 4

Posted August 06, 2004
My daughter has attended Humann for three years (K-2). The teachers are attentive. The gifted coordinator is outstanding and works very hard for children. I have only two complaints: the lack of a dedicated technology teacher (which is decided by the principal) and limited extra-curricular activities. Communication is difficult without significant work on the part of the parent. Terrific reading program, especially for the young kids learning vocabulary, pronunciation and sentence structure. Humann (with the exception of technology) is an excellent school!

Humann Elementary School
6720 Rockwood Ln, Lincoln, NE  68516
Last modified Humann Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Humann Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top