Morrill, NE

Posted August 13, 2015
My child has attended Morrill Elementary for 2 years now. I haven't had any issues. The teachers we've encountered have been great. They really seem to care about the kids and their education. One teacher told us that there was something she was teaching and a lot of the kids weren't getting it. She reevaluated her teaching style instead of just assuming that they weren't listening or paying attention. I love that she was willing to look into and alter her teaching methods so that the kids could comprehend the lesson. The principal was quick to reach out to me when there was an issue with my child and another. In fact, she called me 10 minutes after my child got home and told me about what happened. She was on the ball and the issue was resolved. The PTA works hard to raise money for the school also. There is a new superintendent this year who wants to integrate more technology into the classrooms. I think that's a great idea. The bad reviews I've read are from years ago. From what I understand the were administrative issues in the past and they have since been resolved.

Develops grit: Neutral

Posted August 13, 2015
Persistence and determination are taught mostly by the parents. If they don't have the foundation for it at home they can't build on it at school.

Develops honesty: Agree

Posted August 13, 2015
Each week the principal had mission Monday. This is a challenge for the students to be better people. Each week involves a lesson in treatment of others, treatment of self, honesty, and integrity.

Posted July 08, 2011
My children received an excellent education in Morrill. Small class size, caring teachers, and the ability to participate in many extra curricular activities enable students to develop into well-rounded, responsible individuals. The principals at both the Elementary and the Jr./Sr. High are energetic, optimistic, and show a personal interest in each child in their building. We are proud to be Morrill Lions!

Posted May 04, 2011
We have had children in the Morrill Elementary school system for 12 years now and we have been very impressed with the education our children have received. The teachers are wonderful and always willing to help with any questions or problems that might arise. They have also installed a new "one call now" system which is very helpful in notifying parents of any change in schedule, days off, and upcoming programs, sport activities etc. The new principal is a wonderful example of what a leader should be. We are very happy with our choice of Morrill Elementary.

Morrill Elementary School 2

Posted November 16, 2005
Shockingly inefficient in parent/school communications....ie: in-service days and short days either not communicated or very short notice (1 day). When we were considering placing our child in this school, the principal called our home to tell us that we were asking too many questions, that teacher qualifications were not open to question, period. We are reserving judgement until the end of the school year, but at this point are singularly unimpressed.

505 Center, Morrill, NE  69358
Last modified Morrill Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Morrill Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top