Bad
Good

Prairie Wind is a lovely, wonderfully diverse, awesome school. The teachers are top-notch and care about all of the students and help everyone to succeed. My daughter has autism and she is in an inclusion (if that is the word--not self-contained) classroom. Her IEP is top-notch and supported all through the school from the Principal to her regular teacher to the Special Education teacher to the lunchroom attendants. I can't say enough nice things about this school.

Prairie Wind is our neighborhood school, and I am a very staunch believer in knowing your neighbors and your neighbors' kids. OPS offers many opportunities for children to be bused to different schools and I am not a fan of that. Our three children have thrived at PW and continue to love their school and teachers. As a parent, sometimes I hear complaints from other parents about a policy or a miscommunication. I encourage all parents to be involved in their child's school, communicate often with their teacher, and attend school and PTO functions whenever possible. You get out what you put into your child's education.

It is a neighborhood school and both of my children love going there. The principal is very friendly and the teachers are outstanding!

Both of the boys teachers are great. They love them.

My kids love their school and their teachers. The teachers make learning a fun adventure instead of 'work' and keep the kids involved. The principal is delightful and always willing to talk with you, very helpful in solving problems and wants to make the school even better than it already is. Most of the people working there are pleasant and friendly to deal with. Clean atmosphere, nice upkeep.

I have 2 children at this school and would love to be able to afford to move to get them out of here. My oldest child is self motivated and has no issues in his 5 years at this school.. however my 2nd grader is having a horrible time because he isn't so motivated. I try to stay as involved as I can as a parent, but the teachers and the school need to do their job at some point. I really loved this school the 1st few years my son was here, but unfortuanetly it has went down hill fast these last couple of years.

To be honest I was intimidated by the size of Prairie Wind when we first moved here, but we have had nothing but good experiences at Prairie Wind. We have 3 boys with a variety of interests, music, science, math, drama, and they all have been challenged. The school staff and principal have even spent a great time helping us with one son who tends so get in trouble a lot due to a sensory processing disorder. I love the school spirit and the parent involvement at Prairied Wind. Our last PTA meeting had over 100 parents there! It is a great school and we are proud to be part of it.

All in all the school is good. There are a lot of students at the school and I feel as if they need some additional help in the way of assistants for the teachers/volunteers. The classes are very crowded and there isn't a lot of available time for the teacher and individual students

What a wonderful school. The teachers are very good and keep the parents posted and this school has a great staff. My kids really like going here.

Praire Wind has been an exceptional school for my 5th and 2nd grader! The teachers are very passionate and dedicated to each student. My children have enjoyed their experience at this school and the educational resources are great.

Last modified Prairie Wind Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.