Omaha, NE

Posted September 21, 2010
It is a neighborhood school and both of my children love going there. The principal is very friendly and the teachers are outstanding!

Posted April 22, 2010
Both of the boys teachers are great. They love them.

Posted April 22, 2010
My kids love their school and their teachers. The teachers make learning a fun adventure instead of 'work' and keep the kids involved. The principal is delightful and always willing to talk with you, very helpful in solving problems and wants to make the school even better than it already is. Most of the people working there are pleasant and friendly to deal with. Clean atmosphere, nice upkeep.

Prairie Wind Elementary School 3

Posted April 20, 2010
I have 2 children at this school and would love to be able to afford to move to get them out of here. My oldest child is self motivated and has no issues in his 5 years at this school.. however my 2nd grader is having a horrible time because he isn't so motivated. I try to stay as involved as I can as a parent, but the teachers and the school need to do their job at some point. I really loved this school the 1st few years my son was here, but unfortuanetly it has went down hill fast these last couple of years.

Posted December 01, 2009
To be honest I was intimidated by the size of Prairie Wind when we first moved here, but we have had nothing but good experiences at Prairie Wind. We have 3 boys with a variety of interests, music, science, math, drama, and they all have been challenged. The school staff and principal have even spent a great time helping us with one son who tends so get in trouble a lot due to a sensory processing disorder. I love the school spirit and the parent involvement at Prairied Wind. Our last PTA meeting had over 100 parents there! It is a great school and we are proud to be part of it.

Posted May 20, 2009

Posted March 20, 2008
All in all the school is good. There are a lot of students at the school and I feel as if they need some additional help in the way of assistants for the teachers/volunteers. The classes are very crowded and there isn't a lot of available time for the teacher and individual students

Posted August 24, 2007

Posted July 08, 2007
What a wonderful school. The teachers are very good and keep the parents posted and this school has a great staff. My kids really like going here.

Posted April 18, 2007
Praire Wind has been an exceptional school for my 5th and 2nd grader! The teachers are very passionate and dedicated to each student. My children have enjoyed their experience at this school and the educational resources are great.

Prairie Wind Elementary School
10908 Ellison Ave, Omaha, NE  68164
Last modified Prairie Wind Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Prairie Wind Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top