Omaha, NE

Posted December 19, 2014
Fullerton is a great school. My child choose to go to this school and I have been thoroughly pleased with the decision. The leadership is great, especially Mr McGee. He's very active and my child loves him and is comfortable talking with him. The PTA that the school has seems to really have their stuff together and offers great opportunities to the school. The teachers are very welcoming. I enjoy knowing that my child is at a great school, now I just need to switch my other child. My other child was reluctant about changing, but she's seen how and what the school does and she is now excited to switch. I wish my kids went there from the get go.

Posted October 18, 2013
My daughter is in her 4th year at Fullerton, and she absolutely loves it. We now actually live out of the district, and I now drive over 30 miles to get her there and picked up everyday. I am currently going to school to be a teacher (senior), and I have been in a lot of area schools. Fullerton truly is something special. The teachers are truly inspiring. Mrs. Bruno and Mrs. Gray at the front are amazing. Mr. McGee the principle, like others have said, is very active and the students love him. He knows how to have fun with the students, while still getting the business done. No school is perfect, but Fullerton is one of the best schools in Omaha, especially in OPS, hands down. In addition to the great staff, the parent involvement is excellent. The PTA provides opportunities for the students that other schools don't have. When their is a lot of parent involvement, amazing things happen.

Posted August 24, 2013
My son has been attending Fullerton Magnet for 3 years now. This school came highly recommended by a friend, and I am so very glad we chose to send him here! The staff are all welcoming and very friendly. The school activities are well planned out and a lot of fun. The principal is kind, caring and very active with the children on a day to day basis. He knows every kid by name and the children are thrilled by him! They adore him! He is always avaliable and willing to discuss any issues or ideas the parents may have. He is also a big participant in every activity that happens. He is not afraid to be goofy to make the kids smile and you can 100% see the love and repect he has for each family that attends this school. The teachers are amazing! So very caring and willing to make sure every child receives the best education they can! In 2nd grade they start working with power points and even branched out into a bit of photography! My child has been exposed to many different learning opportunities and he has a lot of fun in class. He honestly loves his school and he is very proud to say he is a Fullerton kid! We will definitely be sending my youngest son once he is school aged as well!

Posted February 13, 2013
Both of my kids are Fullerton kids. I LOVE this school! They have a full-time gifted & talented coordinator who devotes many, many hours to helping kids grow and excel. Fullerton does exceptionally well in all of the OPS contests. Kids in all classes start creating their own PowerPoint presentations and doing public speaking in second grade! By fourth grade, they run the morning announcements via an onsite television studio. In addition, there is an onsite ESL program, speech therapy, full time school counselor who really cares about the kids, and resource room services. The principal is so involved with the kids! He comes to every event, dresses up in costumes for Halloween and for the Christmas program each year, and encourages the kids and parents to participate in events by offering to be in a dunk tank, acting as a human sundae, and many others. We are so glad we found Fullerton!

Posted November 02, 2012
Both of my daughters went to Fullerton (one is in College now). My younger daugher went there K-2nd. We just moved out of state this year and didnt realize how great we had it until now. My daughter loved Fullerton, flourished every year. The school has a great ability to create an appropriate combination of social and academic excellence. They kids a friendly, nice engaging to new students (which is on its own an important part of the entire school experience). The social, fun part of school is never forgotten. Other schools are so worried about test scores being up to par that they make kids miserable while they are there and totally ignore the fact that happy children will be more product and better learners. Teachers all take their time and explain concepts, test scores are good and the environment is so positive and happy! My daughter cried last night that she wished they "had a Fullerton here" - heartbreaking- we will never take a great school for granted again. Kudos Fulllerton you are a model for other school to follow. We now may have to enroll in private (expensive) school to have a similar experience.

Fullerton Magnet Center 2

Posted November 29, 2010
This school gives an appearance of the perfect school. However, I have found them to be disoriented in their work as a team. Less this be an act of avoiding the issue of providing programs that are already in place to a student. They continue to deny services already in place that this student clearly needs. I do not exaggerate, YES, I was told that doctors will generally write anything you want them to and to have him untruthfully diagnosed as ADHD, and in the same sentence they state, though clearly he is not!"

Posted April 02, 2008
Both of my kids attended it. my son x5yrs, daughter x4yrs. The teachers are wonderful and well educated and always improving. always welcoming and will follow any tips you give them. the Administration is wonderful as well. they lead by example. this school had set a wonderful example for me and the kids. Thank you.

Posted November 11, 2007
this is a great school. Keep it up!

Fullerton Magnet Center
4711 North 138th St, Omaha, NE  68164
Last modified Fullerton Magnet Center is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Fullerton Magnet Center Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top