Bad
Good

Both our son and daughter attended BWE. And all I can say Is I love this school. The office staff are always friendly, the teachers love their jobs, and they have lots of help staff. Our kids have been going to BWE for 5 years and I couldn't be happier at their success! Thank you BWE!

Benson west is a very very bad school!! Too many fights the princable dose not take good care of the school the vice princable treats the kids as prisinors!! The teachers dont pay attention to the childeren out side! My kid got hurt on the aquiment!!! I do not like this school i would recamend hill side in district 66 and they have compatitions of whos better and tha leads to fights the new councalers dont really pay attention to the childeren!! This is horiable and my child got permission to stay at the park after school and they made him go home!! My cild fells weird because she has to go to bathroom being watched!! My son has a diabelidey and they treat them with disrespect!!! I would not recamend this school and 3 rd grade should be able to do chours and saftey patrol! If they cant why do u have it???

I am over 69 yrs. old and went to Benson West K-6, so when my granddaughter came here to live, I was so happy that she could enroll at Benson West for 1st grade. Her teacher, Ms. Young, is the best, and works so well with the class (especially my sometimes "inattentive" granddaughter). The outstanding principal, staff, and teachers care for every one of the children enrolled. During these important formative years, I am so thankful this child is in this school.

My oldest stated at this school then his little brother started here this year. Unfoutunately we had to move the kids from this school to a by far an inferior by how my kids have learned. The teachers at Benson West are awsome. my oldest was in kindergarden and all the teachers up to sixth grade knew him by name. to me that shows dedication and caring about the students. As for the principal he was awsome and so was his entire office staff

Both my kids attended Benson West from K-6. My opinion of the school was always that the principal, teachers and staff were fully committed to the education of the kids there.

My daughter started school this year and every one there is awesome! She loves going to school!

The education of the teachers are below standard and the curriculum is laughable. I am a parent and plan to remove my children after only one semester. I am disappointed in the district as a whole. It is not new how the children are treated as criminals here. As a youth, I grew up in Omaha and returned to be near family. Nothing, I mean not even the school work has changed. Everything so still old and outdated. Sad, very sad.

My children have attended Benson West for 3yrs now and this school is the superb, The teachers and staff are great with the children and parents. My children love this school.

I have had three children at Benson West, and we are very pleased with the school overall. My daughter's fifth grade teacher last year, Mrs. Domet was given the Warren Buffet Teacher award, and she was absolutely amazing. My daughter has adhd and she was great at working with her to bring out her potential, and help her to improve in reading, writing and math, and my daughter just excelled. The speech and language teacher is one of the best, but I think she may be leaving. The art teacher is also pretty good. The thing I didn't like was that extra programs like Spanish and Recorder are like a lottery to get into. These things should be offered to all students who are interested. The school is newer and classrooms are organized and appealing. I would like to see more help for adhd kids in all grade levels though.

Last modified Benson West Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.