Omaha, NE

Beveridge Magnet Middle School 2

Posted June 11, 2015
Beveridge's Magnet School theme is a great premise, however, it does not outweigh the amount of bullying that goes on in this school. I loved that my daughter got to declare a major in middle school and all of the amazing opportunities that are offered for free by professionals in the local community. Unfortunately, the administration has no plan to prevent, avert, or dissuade bullying. When confronted with these types of situations, they claim that they weren't aware that it was big deal. My daughter had a tough time making and keeping friends. The staff is hit or miss. Some are wonderful and others are unprofessional at best. In speaking with other parents, I have found that they claim to have similar experiences and some had even worse stories than I have. Many have claimed that teachers and counselors treat them unjustly. I have witnessed this myself and I had to have my daughter's schedule altered three times just to get a schedule where she wasn't being treated unfairly by teachers or bullied inside the classroom by other students. This school has such great potential, but is in need of a rotation in the administration department.

Posted June 13, 2014
Beveridge is a fantastic school with a diverse student body and students can choose a major in either performing arts or international studies. Their service learning program was on the news a little while ago when the teacher won a major award. Their science class was outside flying a plane when I was walking my dog. Omaha's best kept secret!

Posted April 28, 2014
Beveridge is amazing! Dual-language, visual and performing arts and international studies. The art department does many community art projects and invites artists often to work with students.

Posted August 01, 2013
i love beveridge middle school :) the teachers are great and the school offers great opportunities.

Posted September 09, 2010
I miss beveridge SOOOO much. My 2 years at beveridge were the best!! Every theacher is amazing and willing 2 do what ever it takes for you 2 succed in school. Everyone is so nice and even though there might be people who tease you. There are many other people around 2 be friends with. The last day is the worst and most emotional day of the year because your leaving all of your friends behind. :(

Beveridge Magnet Middle School

Posted March 07, 2010
I am an 8th grader at beverdige rite now. I love this school the teachers are great. We have many activities there many are fun. When they want us to donate money they do stuff to encourage us to donate. Like rite now if we donate enough money our principal will get ducktaped to a wall!!! well i love beveridge nd im sad this is my last year there.

Posted January 24, 2010
It is a fantastic school a+

Beveridge Magnet Middle School 4

Posted January 09, 2010
I am an 8th grader at Beveridge and I have had wonderful experiences there. I went to Beveridge even when not a lot of people I knew went there and it was easy to make friends and enjoy myself there. The teachers are wonderful and fair to all. It is the only school if you plan to be succeful in band. The band teachers, Mr. Mickey and Mr. Edward, are truly the best in Omaha. Even my other friends who attend different middle schools can not deny there excellence. Because of them, I am at a high school level. They also work at Burke and the kids there sound as good, if not better, than bands in universities. The other teachers of Beveridge are also exceptional and notable. Beveridge also has many activities for everybody to join. All-in-all, I loved being at Beveridge and there's a limiit on here, I'm done.

Posted November 09, 2009
I attend this school, and even I can pick up that the teachers are great, and the diversity and ethnic heritage are amazing and I'm glad to be a part of it.

Posted June 29, 2008
Amazing school. Wonderful arts programs and academic staff. The performing arts program is top notch!

Beveridge Magnet Middle School
1616 South 120th St, Omaha, NE  68144
Last modified Beveridge Magnet Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Beveridge Magnet Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top