Omaha, NE

Posted October 27, 2013
The state of NE has yet to adopt common core. My daughter's academic skills grow daily and are beyond common core expectations. The principal and current teachers have been flexible and excited about providing differentiation to help her continue to advance her skills above and beyond grade level.

Posted December 10, 2012
Crestridge is amazing. My two children spend half of their day learning in Spanish and the other half in English. The school is internationally minded and has amazing families. The principal is new this year and she is fantastic. I would highly recommend this school. Public education at its finest. Crestridge has won the Magnet schools highest national award many times. As a former elementary teacher I chose for my own children to attend this school out of all of the schools in Omaha.

Crestridge Magnet Center 1

Posted November 12, 2010
My experience, I hate to say, is that most of the staff is young, inexperienced and ineffective. Some kids just coast right through school- and if yours is one of those you will be fine.( most girls fall in this category) Boys however, I have seen that teachers feel they have their hands tied, and many won't take any action in trying to maintain a classroom. The classes are too big and therefore I feel instruction is inadequate- and Quite Frankly the principal is a sweet woman, but I feel is an ineffective leader just waiting to retire. And the classrooms are overcrowded

Crestridge Magnet Center 1

Posted January 16, 2010
Principal is unapproachable and is unwilling to enter into discourse over concerns about the school

Posted January 11, 2010
Crestridge is an excellent school, they not only focus on the classroom education but begin to prepare children for the real world also. They do this by incorporating diversity, citizenship, and responsibility among all no matter what. I have two children there and one that has left from there. They were all above in all there studies and encouraged according to there different levels. Teachers, staff, and the principal are always supportive or families and children. I love it and I wouldnt change anything if I had to do it all over again.Thanxs Crestridge family: Special thanxs to Mr. Craig Wiles : )

Posted December 17, 2009
Crestridge offers a great education for students. I have two children who are in the Dual Language program there. My kids are English-speaking students who spend half of their education learning in Spanish everything they would normally learn in elementary school. They have picked up on the language so quickly. Plus, with Crestridge's Global Studies focus, they learn about at least three other countries per year and come home with so much knowledge to share about other cultures. The diversity at the school has also helped my kids interact with other cultures easily and feel comfortable around all types of students. Our birthday parties are filled with kids from all types of backgrounds now because of the friends they have made. It is so great!

Crestridge Magnet Center 0

Posted June 11, 2009
Crestridge is a great school! They offer language classes in either French, German or Spanish. The students who go there are from all over the world and they are all made to feel welcome. Diversity is such a wonderful addition to the enrichment of our children's education. The teachers are all very caring and the principal is very warm and professional. I would not hesitate to send any child there!

Posted June 04, 2008

Posted February 25, 2008
Crestridge is great because they teach so much about the globe and likes to challenge kids

Crestridge Magnet Center
818 Crestridge Rd, Omaha, NE  68154
Last modified Crestridge Magnet Center is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Crestridge Magnet Center Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top